Bursera National Pyramid Loop

Bursera National Pyramid Loop is a 11.4 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Phoenix, Arizona that offers scenic views. The trail is rated as difficult and primarily used for hiking, trail running, and backpacking. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Western trails in South Mountain Park: Pyramid to National to Gila to Bursera.

Great trail. Somewhat challenging and until I hit Pyramid trail I pretty much had the trail to myself.

Further you go on Bursera the less people
You see. Once you hit the National Trail will see few people at all. Use app to find trails to cut short of you don’t want to go to Pyramid. Most of the time on trail you get cell signal. Great work out and better views!

Always one of favs.

Excellent loop with a good amount of exercise

Did the trail counter-clockwise, did not see a single person on the national part. Having to tackle the Bursera climb at the end took every bit of gas I had left in my tank... Exhausting but incredible views in all directions.

There are a lot of unmarked trails in this area. If you go to https://www.phoenix.gov/parks/southmtntrailplan you can find maps with the extra trails on them

This was a badass run...but I recommend researching the trail system before heading out. There are a lot, and many are unmarked. I’m certain I would have gotten “lost” if I didn’t follow along with this app to make sure I was still on route. No shade...be prepared.

Tuesday, August 22, 2017

good trail to get exercises

Saturday, November 11, 2017