Bulldog Saddle Trail

Bulldog Saddle Trail is a 2.9 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Mesa, Arizona that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Trail is rocky but there’s a beautiful view when you get to the top

I enjoyed this hike. It a bit rocky but with proper shoes it was just fine. We got to the 'saddle' without problem within 1 hour and it is nice view! Met a gentleman at the top who told us the trail continued to the north and swung around to join up with Pass Mountain trail. We went about 1.5 km down the trail but then it disappeared (or we lost it). After searching for the trail for 30 minutes we gave up and returned the way we came. I wouldn't recommend that 'add-on' unless you know exactly where you are going. Overall an enjoyable hike!

Awesome!

Nice easier hike with rewarding views from the saddle. Dogs did pretty well on it. It's a nice dirt path the first mile or so then it gets a bit rocky. Not terrible on paws. Not too busy when we were there. Cost nothing to park. Definitely worth it.

I'm new to mountain biking and it was a little rocky for my hardtail. A decent biker would probably enjoy it more than I did.

I had to hike-a-bike to get to the top so I can rate the hiking as a little rocky but pretty easy.

We hiked this trail on a Monday morning around 7am...there was nobody else on the entire trail. For me it was a hike with a decent climb the last third part of the hike. Definitely worked up a sweat! We also saw our first snake on a trail...

This was a really nice hike and we were able to take our Lab with us. There is a big flat area at the top of the saddle to sit and relax before heading back down. Definitely recommended!