Bulldog Saddle Trail

Bulldog Saddle Trail is a 2.9 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Mesa, Arizona that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Beautiful and quiet. My dog and I had an easy climb to the saddle. Great and rewarding views. The best part, you don't have to pay!

Steady climb up to the saddle. Not very crowded. Lots of saguaros to view. Quick route up- About 30mins.

Terrific views at the top, quiet, easy to follow trail

Easy to follow, lots of saguaros, nice view from the top.

nice views from the saddle, starts to climb pretty good the closer to the saddle you get.

Hike this over half a dozen times at different times of the year. No coverage and hardly any breeze until you reach the saddle. Bring water. You dehydrate quicker than you’d thing for this shorty.
It’s comparable to Camelback Mountain w/o the traffic and better scenery. One of my favs in the area if you just want a shorter hike and want a rewarding view at the end.

A good up and back hike, with a steady incline the whole way up. The view from the saddle is nice. No shade on this trail if hiking in the afternoon, and there are a lot of loose rocks. :)

A fun night hike, looked like it had a lot of horse traffic and tons of dogs that nobody bothered to clean up after.

Trail is rocky but there’s a beautiful view when you get to the top

I enjoyed this hike. It a bit rocky but with proper shoes it was just fine. We got to the 'saddle' without problem within 1 hour and it is nice view! Met a gentleman at the top who told us the trail continued to the north and swung around to join up with Pass Mountain trail. We went about 1.5 km down the trail but then it disappeared (or we lost it). After searching for the trail for 30 minutes we gave up and returned the way we came. I wouldn't recommend that 'add-on' unless you know exactly where you are going. Overall an enjoyable hike!

Awesome!

Nice easier hike with rewarding views from the saddle. Dogs did pretty well on it. It's a nice dirt path the first mile or so then it gets a bit rocky. Not terrible on paws. Not too busy when we were there. Cost nothing to park. Definitely worth it.

I'm new to mountain biking and it was a little rocky for my hardtail. A decent biker would probably enjoy it more than I did.

I had to hike-a-bike to get to the top so I can rate the hiking as a little rocky but pretty easy.

We hiked this trail on a Monday morning around 7am...there was nobody else on the entire trail. For me it was a hike with a decent climb the last third part of the hike. Definitely worked up a sweat! We also saw our first snake on a trail...

This was a really nice hike and we were able to take our Lab with us. There is a big flat area at the top of the saddle to sit and relax before heading back down. Definitely recommended!

Good views at the saddle. Rocky last 400 yards but a relatively easy climb.

Loved this trail!! Saw a Gila Monster and a corral snake. Great view from the top.

It was a beautiful sunset hike! Great easy hike with lots of beautiful views.

Love this trail because it is free. We live nearby so we have done this trail about 4 times with our dog and she loves it too. Nice incline for a bit of a workout. View from the saddle is nice. Go early.

Love this hike, but watch out for a bee hive/swarm at the top of a saguaro about 1/3 way in.