Bulldog Saddle and Pass Mountain Trail Loop

Bulldog Saddle and Pass Mountain Trail Loop is a 4.7 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Mesa, Arizona that features beautiful wild flowers. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking and trail running. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Lovely trail, wasn't clearly marked, I was looking for the loop which you have to cross the wash, I ended up hiking up the small mountain. Nice views.

Beautiful view, low-traffic and peaceful -- at least the parts over the first saddle (when run clockwise). The track is a bit difficult to follow, and quite challenging to run due to the loose gravel and steep grades. On the far side of the saddle, it feels a lot more remote and cell reception drops out in places. The "trail" out there is more like a combination of wildlife trail and drainage. You have to rely quite a bit on the presence of cairns to make the correct turns, including finding the branch for this trail from the Pass Mountain trail if you do it counterclockwise.

Be aware that you climb TWO saddles when completing this loop.

Why would rate sickly a beautiful trail 1 star simply because you could find your way? Get all trails pro, download maps and never get lost.
Absolutely great hike, great views

Not happy with this trails. I lost few time. No post on trail. Went out of loop and come back to find the loop. After found the loop. Hiking alone on that trail really creepy me out. A lot of inclines got to my car after 8.6 miles. Fell twice hurt my knees. I need to remind myself to bring first aids next trail. Will not come back here again. So disappointed with the trails Only two things I can say positive are 1). Beautiful views. 2) made it to my car safe with phone died on me

It was very challenging at times, but very nice view at the top.

Great hike . Moderate hike and enjoyed the view

Love!

I absolutely love this hike ! Great workout & beautiful views.

Somehow the trail did not take us back to the parking lot.

Did the bulldog part and it was wonderful great views

was hard to find the loop off pass mtn, but a good hike nonetheless.

Parked at the end of Meridian Road and hiked to Bulldog Saddle. Track hoof prints and keep an eye out for the path in tall grasses. Be aware that Usary Pass is a klick west of the backside of Bulldog Saddle and not to confuse the two depending on your destination. Always bring plenty of water!

Fantastic views !!

Beautiful and quiet day for hiking. This trail is especially quiet on the backside which is great. Good trail and nice 4.7 mile jaunt through the hills.

This was beautiful! We are going to do this again. Thank goodness for the AllTrails app too because there are spots you can get off track so I used the app to record and kept making sure we stayed on the loop. Also, from that parking lot, we went to the right and it was straight up the mountain. Next time, we will go left! It's more sloped and less steep!

Loved this hike. I started on the pass mountain side. Once I got to the top it was a bit difficult to find the trail around back to bulldog saddle, but I found it with the help of Google maps, which I found to be very accurate. I dont think I used the correct entrance, but had to take a couple steps through the desert to get to the trail- I may have missed the usual transition point but I made it pretty easily. The trail around back is easy enough to follow, I never lost the trail or had any concerns. Just keep following the cairns. I also had cell service (Verizon) the whole time. It took me 3 hrs to complete, with 30 min of it caused by going the wrong way and backtracking at the top of the pass mountain side trying to find the saddle trail. But highly recommend, I see myself returning every weekend!

Great trail but can be a bit difficult to find your way in the back. I suggest starting on the bulldog side (right) vs the pass mountain side (left). The dogs enjoyed it as well

One of my great go-to hikes! Good elevation gain, nice rolling trails with just enough over growth. Once you get passed the bulldog saddle watch for cairns. It’s easy to get off trail but hard to get lost back there.