Bulldog Canyon

Bulldog Canyon is a 10.4 mile moderately trafficked point-to-point trail located near Mesa, Arizona that offers scenic views and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, nature trips, and off road driving and is best used from April until September.

Point to Point

off road driving

One user noted you must retrieve your permit with gate code during the week if you plan to hike over the weekend.

off road driving

The off roading trails here are gorgeous!!! I started at Usery trailhead which was mostly sand but breathtaking views. Then I made the mistake of veering off right towards 10 and Wolverine trailhead and oh my God. This is what I would consider like a black diamond trail haha. It was straight moguls and massive rocks for miles. I have a massive wrangler lifted on 34 inch off road tires and it was still kind of aggravating getting jostled for over an hour straight. I prefer mountain climbing and the occasional spot of moguls. But either way. The trail is awesome and theres 3 or 4 more trail heads I'm gonna check out back there.

off road driving

Tried to get a permit to take this trail. We discovered that the Mesa Ranger Station (Ingram Street) is closed on the weekend. We spoke to the ranger at Usery Mountain Regional Park - where we were staying - and they suggested we check at the Tonto National Forest permit station at Pebble Beach. We drove there and spoke to another ranger who informed us they did not have the gate code and we would have to wait until Monday when the Mesa Ranger Station opened to take the trail. Lesson here....you cannot take this trail on a weekend without getting the gate code during the week. UGH!

off road driving

Good trail for a quick trip. Don’t forget your permit. We didn’t know and the gate was open when we got there and locked when we returned. Had to wait for someone to come back and got through.

off road driving

Easy to low moderate trail. Mostly sandy and rocky (smaller), 4x4 recommended, low range was not required.

Thursday, March 23, 2017