Brown's Summit

Brown's Summit is a 3 mile out and back trail located near Scottsdale, Arizona that offers scenic views. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking, walking, and nature trips.

This is my first summit since moving back to Scottdale. I see that most people call this moderate and I'd agree up to the last 10th of a mile. The last 10th is not hard up but takes balance or care coming down. I'm 66 and made it just fine but it made me realize I am not as agile or balanced as I was at 46 or even 56. I was looking for rocks to hold onto to get back down from the summit. Great views though and the rest of the trail is easy.

Scenic hike right up to the summit. It looks very difficult from a distance but is really pretty moderate. Very good views from the top.

Excellent trail , great hike. Was told to watch for snakes on summit, being a novice, was surprised to encounter a rattlesnake crossing trail between trailhead and summit trail turnoff.

Not too challenging of a summit that provides some fantastic views. The network of trails in the northern MSP are pretty great making it easy to add to this hike to make it a longer loop etc.

This is a fun- easy to moderate hike. Beautiful to walk on the trip leading up to the mountain.

Great views at the top, well worth the climb. Not much traffic at the top either, great place to take some time to reflect.

Great hike with short time.. more aggressive near the top but you’re in moderate down below.. views are incredible once at the peak.