Brown Mountain Loop Trail

Brown Mountain Loop Trail is a 4.1 mile loop trail located near Tucson, Arizona that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from October until April. Dogs and horses are also able to use this trail.

Simple, easy to follow trail once you reach the hills with nice saguaro views. Not as breathtaking as the canyons but I imagine this sunset beats all others (went during the afternoon in October)

Beautiful! If you walk westward down the wash there are stunning purple rocks for quite a ways.

Unless you hike more than two times a month, this trail is not easy. It is poorly marked to start. We ascended the west flank from a rather hard to figure path. A large wash has to be crossed w/o signage. The trail is very rocky, with loose debris as you go. Not for tennis shoes or preteen or dogs. The views and Saguaro cacti are outstanding. When descending the east side, the colored rock is very cool looking but very difficult to proceed downhill. I agree that the trail should be traveled counterclockwise.

Nice ridge hike

Great trail. Beautiful views. Not very well marked in the valley section. We built a couple of cairns to try to help others out.

Good easy walk with great views of the towns below and landscape all around. Easy walk but good cardio in places.

Good hike, with views. It's easier going counter-clockwise.

Very enjoyable walk a great ridge climb followed by a good meandering stroll in the Leigh of the hill. Lots of birds too. We were walking in a group of 5 and all agreed that it was great to do the ridge first and then the valley. A great introduction to the landscape flora and fauna of the Sonoran desert.

geocaching

And hiking. I did a lot better then the first time I walked it. There were a lot of air sucking moments for me but loved the hike and lots of geocaches.

Thursday, October 20, 2016

Wednesday, October 05, 2016

I agree that this is an easy trail. There's a restroom in the middle of it, which is nice. Saw no one, but it's not a trail that takes you 'away', as signs of civilization are all around you for most of it. Saw lots of hawks.
I recommend this for a quick and easy hike when you don't have much time. Good for beginners.

Monday, October 03, 2016

I don't have much to rate it against since it was my first hike. We hiked across the ridge from the picnic area to the north to the camp grounds to the south. My two year old rode in a back pack for the ride. I think he enjoyed it too. It wasn't too bad, a little rougher than I expected from other reviews. Very enjoyable and beautiful though.