Broken Arrow 4x4 Trail

Broken Arrow 4x4 Trail is a 3.3 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Sedona, Arizona that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

off road driving

Although fairly short, this trail has to be considered one of the best in Arizona. It is extremely fun to drive and the red rock scenery is knock-out beautiful. This is an extremely popular route and traffic can be very heavy at times. Pull-outs are provided. Do not widen the trail by trying to pull over anywhere other than the pull-outs. You may have to back up. This is also a very popular hiking and mountain biking area, so be alert and courteous at all times. If you park, hike, or stop along the route, you'll need a Red Rocks Pass Located in Coconino National Forest. For current conditions call Red Rock Ranger District (928) 203-2900. Rating: Difficult. Several large rock ledges require high ground clearance but the obstacles are not overwhelming because little articulation is required. The hardest obstacle is called "The Steps," which is driven downhill. This obstacle is very steep and will be intimidating to an inexperienced driver; however, stock SUVs with high ground clearance should be able get down just fine. You may scrape bottom so skid plates are recommended. This trail is very well marked and easy to follow.

off road driving

Ha ha, started this trail with my family. Scared the living daylights out of my two young girls . Made it about 5% in and they demanded we go somewhere else. Super fun from what I got to see. 2008 FJ Cruiser with 3 inch lift and off road tires.

off road driving

I happened upon this trail after deciding my first choice was too far from my hotel in Flagstaff and am very happy with my decision. I drove the entire trail with an otherwise stock 1997 Cherokee XJ with 31” all terrain tires and 2” of lift with no problems at all. Four wheel drive is an absolute must on this trail and low range is recommended. We drove the trail in about three hours but did take our time driving and looking at the beautiful views about a mile and a half down the trail. I suppose you could drive the trail in under two if you really wanted to. I’m fairly confident that any modern wrangler JK or JL would be able to get through this trail. I did once hit my receiver hitch pretty hard coming down one obstacle but sustained no damage at all. I would definitely drive this trail again and recommend it to a friend. About 25 miles/45 minutes south of Flagstaff.

Very scenic and fun. There are pink Jeeps all over which is a bit annoying but you can follow them around to see the good spots. There are a few steep hills that test your brakes and a few large rocks that take a bump to get over. All in all lots of fun trail.

off road driving

It was amazing, you shouldn’t do it without a off-road vehicle nothing less then a Jeep Wrangler rubicon

It was an amazing off road experience. My girlfriend and I really had a blast on this trail. It has amazing scenery points. There were parts that were somewhat challenging, but nothing a Rubicon can’t handle. I definitely recommend it

off road driving

Was amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Great trail great off-roading great scenery words can’t do it justice I will be going back again!!!!!!!

Fun drive

Great trail, did it 3xs while out in Sedona for extended weekend. We were in our 97 TJ with 4” lift and 35s. Some nice brief challenges, but scenery was awesome. Each trip was different part of the day (morning, afternoon, evening) as the shadow lines and scenery looks different - as well as the trail lines along the rocks look different as well. Got some great photos. Most of the Pink Jeep Tour guides were cool, we usually gave the right of way to stay in good spirits, they were always good to let us know how many behind them as well. Will do again when we go back.

Best trail I've driven with my wrangler, beautiful views, challenging obstacles, courteous people. I recommend!

off road driving

Legendary trail that will put your rig to the test!!!

off road driving

I did the route in my 2017 4Runner TRD Off Road, stock except for rock sliders and off road tires. Plus, I’m relatively new to off road. Thus was the most technical trail I’ve been on. The truck worked great. The difficult section is the return trip down the “Steps” side of the loop. Some steep slabs to ascend. The “Steps” descent had some steep drops but the entries were even with little articulaton. The departure angles on the T4R are not the greatest so I tore up the stock front skid plate and flattened the tail pipe tip. But, no body damage. The route is a blast and very scenic. Hit bottom a few times as I had no extra lift. If I did it again I’d have skid plates and some added lift.

off road driving

The best trail I’ve done in Arizona. Beautiful scenery with challenging obstacles. I did it in my stock 18’ 4Runner with no issues (slight undercarriage scrapes but nothing serious). If you park you will need a pass.

off road driving

Fun trail to take right in town however, the Jeep tours run through it and can be a little jerky. But in all the trail is easy, except there are a couple of hairy places but with a Jeep it's no issue. The Steps section was easy in the Jeep too!

off road driving

Definitively a Sedona must do. Great views and fun wheeling. We used a Polaris General 4 1000 and did bottom out on a few occasions (including the steps). We have discussed the need to lift our UTV some due to its long frame. The only downside to this trail is the Jeep Tour traffic. Most of the Jeep tour guides are extremely friendly, just not all. Single lane throughout can make for some interesting encounters with tourists not versed in trail etiquette but everyone works it out. All in all a fun and moderately challenging ride.

off road driving

fun trail did this with my Tacoma 2 inch lift and lockers hit all the bypasses including the steps great views fun short Trail

off road driving

you share the one lane road with lots of pink jeep tours. beautiful views at submarine rock and chicken point. you need at least a 6" lift and a good suspension do go down the more difficult section called "the steps".

Very fun trail and great scenery!

Great fun

Sunday, July 23, 2017

Awesome Trail I love it
Beautiful scenery and great 4x4 action
My son and I loved it

Wednesday, July 19, 2017

I love this trail, it's a perfect half-day run. Watched a storm roll through, got totally drenched, perfect day ☺️

Sunday, July 16, 2017

Had a blast on this trail! We drove my stock 2017 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk. She handled the trail well. We scraped a little on The Steps but the skid plates saved us there. It's funny because a "local" woman we spoke to the night before was doggin' my jeep and kept saying we needed to rent the Pink Jeeps in town; we made it! I highly recommend this trail.

Friday, June 02, 2017

took a 2016 f150 with 4" lift and 31s (stocks). made it up and over everything without issue. articulated to the max on several areas, 3 wheel motion! lots of fun. will be back once 35s are on. lower vehicles should avoid it unless you want bumpers and rockers scraped up. in the beginning, there is a little area that will be a good test to see if you can make it. pay attention to the little white arrows at the forks, they show the way ; ) not crowded at all on 6-1-2017 (thursday)

Saturday, May 27, 2017

First time on this trail with the Tacoma did very well little scary coming down the steps as it was my first off-road trail experience in 15 years. Don't know how I kept my truck in one piece. The views were breathtaking.

Monday, April 24, 2017

Hard to beat this one for Jeeps. Climbing and dropping all day long surrounded by the best scenery

Monday, April 03, 2017

we went on schnebly trail first and it was moderate at best. We decided to try this trail late in the afternoon and I am sure glad we did. Plenty of places to stop and hike around/take pics. There was just enough difficulty in the obstacles to keep it fun for an experienced off roader. one of the best overall trails we have ever done.

Monday, April 03, 2017

Fun fun

Friday, March 10, 2017

We looped it twice to do the devils staircase a second time. Well maintained wide trail with lots of pull outs to avoid the heavy traffic. Best to go on the weekdays due to traffic. Great trail with awesome vistas. If you leave out chicken rock, you can look it in about 30 min, 2.5-3 with all the exploring, lunch, and poser shots of your rig on a rock

Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Stunning views, challenging yet doable trail, and enough traffic to help if something really goes wrong! All around enjoyable.

Thursday, January 12, 2017

Don't go on this trail first because you might get disappointed. Save it for last so the other trails you take are cool too!