Broken Arrow 4x4 Trail

Broken Arrow 4x4 Trail is a 3.4 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Sedona, Arizona that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

off road driving

Although fairly short, this trail has to be considered one of the best in Arizona. It is extremely fun to drive and the red rock scenery is knock-out beautiful. This is an extremely popular route and traffic can be very heavy at times. Pull-outs are provided. Do not widen the trail by trying to pull over anywhere other than the pull-outs. You may have to back up. This is also a very popular hiking and mountain biking area, so be alert and courteous at all times. If you park, hike, or stop along the route, you'll need a Red Rocks Pass Located in Coconino National Forest. For current conditions call Red Rock Ranger District (928) 203-2900. Rating: Difficult. Several large rock ledges require high ground clearance but the obstacles are not overwhelming because little articulation is required. The hardest obstacle is called "The Steps," which is driven downhill. This obstacle is very steep and will be intimidating to an inexperienced driver; however, stock SUVs with high ground clearance should be able get down just fine. You may scrape bottom so skid plates are recommended. This trail is very well marked and easy to follow.

fun trail did this with my Tacoma 2 inch lift and lockers hit all the bypasses including the steps great views fun short Trail

off road driving

you share the one lane road with lots of pink jeep tours. beautiful views at submarine rock and chicken point. you need at least a 6" lift and a good suspension do go down the more difficult section called "the steps".

Very fun trail and great scenery!

Great fun

Awesome Trail I love it
Beautiful scenery and great 4x4 action
My son and I loved it

I love this trail, it's a perfect half-day run. Watched a storm roll through, got totally drenched, perfect day ☺️

off road driving

Had a blast on this trail! We drove my stock 2017 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk. She handled the trail well. We scraped a little on The Steps but the skid plates saved us there. It's funny because a "local" woman we spoke to the night before was doggin' my jeep and kept saying we needed to rent the Pink Jeeps in town; we made it! I highly recommend this trail.

off road driving

took a 2016 f150 with 4" lift and 31s (stocks). made it up and over everything without issue. articulated to the max on several areas, 3 wheel motion! lots of fun. will be back once 35s are on. lower vehicles should avoid it unless you want bumpers and rockers scraped up. in the beginning, there is a little area that will be a good test to see if you can make it. pay attention to the little white arrows at the forks, they show the way ; ) not crowded at all on 6-1-2017 (thursday)

off road driving

First time on this trail with the Tacoma did very well little scary coming down the steps as it was my first off-road trail experience in 15 years. Don't know how I kept my truck in one piece. The views were breathtaking.

off road driving

Hard to beat this one for Jeeps. Climbing and dropping all day long surrounded by the best scenery

we went on schnebly trail first and it was moderate at best. We decided to try this trail late in the afternoon and I am sure glad we did. Plenty of places to stop and hike around/take pics. There was just enough difficulty in the obstacles to keep it fun for an experienced off roader. one of the best overall trails we have ever done.

Fun fun

off road driving

We looped it twice to do the devils staircase a second time. Well maintained wide trail with lots of pull outs to avoid the heavy traffic. Best to go on the weekdays due to traffic. Great trail with awesome vistas. If you leave out chicken rock, you can look it in about 30 min, 2.5-3 with all the exploring, lunch, and poser shots of your rig on a rock

off road driving

Stunning views, challenging yet doable trail, and enough traffic to help if something really goes wrong! All around enjoyable.

Don't go on this trail first because you might get disappointed. Save it for last so the other trails you take are cool too!

Thursday, December 15, 2016

Loved this trail! Well worth the drive up from PHX! Definitely will be doing it again! I did it with a Jeep Wrangler Sport without lockers with a 2 inch leveling kit and 33's.

Monday, October 17, 2016

Great scenic views by traversing a pleasantly short trail. Only light suspension articulation required, but does require above average ground clearance.

At one point I heard a pink jeep guide radio to others on his mic, describing my truck as traveling the wrong way. I stopped to ask if I was in fact going the wrong way. The man politely informed me of my error and was helpful. Something to look into before diving into narrow 1 VIC wide trails like Broken Arrow.

My 16' f150 single cab 6'6" bed with 6" lift and 35" general grabbers did pretty well. Reading after the fact I noticed I had a longer wheel base than recommended, and did cause some temporary slowing for the atv's, jeeps, etc. My retracting running boards paid for themselves by not taking away ground clearance like static ones would have. Tire pressure is important for safety, traction and ride comfort. For myself, 30 psi was the sweet spot.

Sunday, September 04, 2016

This trail will get your adrenaline pumping! I took it 6 or 7 times a day as it was 10 minutes from my hotel. Sharing the trail with tour Jeeps. I made it no problem with 31's and lockers.

Wednesday, August 24, 2016

This is about the most fun you can have without lockers. Some fairly technical stuff surrounded by gorgeous scenery. There are great places to stop and have a picnic with the family or just take in the beauty of the region. There are also a few spots where you can either test your metal as a driver and the limits of your rig or you can bypass them. You can't get past Staircase, though, so be ready for it.

Thursday, August 18, 2016

Great Moab type wheeling. Nothing there that can't be done with a stock Sahara/rubicon type vehicle. Best time to go is during the week. Weekends are fairly busy with jeep operators, although even then most of the time it's not too bad.