Bright Angel Trail to Tonto Trail

Bright Angel Trail to Tonto Trail is a 74.7 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Grand Canyon, Arizona that features a river and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until November.

Wednesday, October 12, 2016

life changing

Monday, September 19, 2016

Friday, August 26, 2016

Thursday, June 02, 2016

The Tonto trail is much longer then the 17.4 miles listed above. We hike a relatively small portion between New Hance and Grandview. I can't speak for the rest of the tail but this section was great. The area where the trail crossed Hance Creek makes a beautiful place to camp.

Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Thursday, March 03, 2016

Good trail. Lots of wildlife can be sighted here. Tonto makes almost all the river to rim trails accessible as a loop which is convenient. Check water sources before you go.

Saturday, November 14, 2015

Sunday, June 24, 2012

Must admit I did not complete this entire trail. We hiked the portion between Hermits Rest & Bright Angle.

Considering we were hiking the GC it was a relatively easy trail. Relatively is the operative word. The portion we hiked was flat and easily found most of the time. This was the easiest part of our hike. As with any trail in the GC great vistas everywhere.

I do remember limited water on this portion of the trail, but not a problem with your filter.

As with all trails inside the canyon it was moderate & strenuous at most points.

Met some real interesting people on this portion of the trail. Being interior you tend to only meet real hikers as opposed to tourists. I'm all for tourists but in some locations they just don't understand proper procedure.

All in all I loved this trail.