Bright Angel Trail to Three-Mile Resthouse

Bright Angel Trail to Three-Mile Resthouse is a 6.1 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Grand Canyon, Arizona that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

From Grand Canyon village take the Bright Angel trail down to the resthouse.

Simply wonderful!

Great views! Start early !

Take lots of water and snacks. Pace yourself. Serious elevation change in a short period of time makes it a fun hike.

Awesome trail i did as part of a larger hike and would love to do again.

Hiked this last week with my husband. We started later than we wanted (around 8:30 am) and turned around at the three mile resthouse. Drank 4 liters of water each and had plenty of salty snacks. Took 6-7 hours since we aren't used to the terrain. It was a challenge for sure but worth it.

My husband and I hiked this trail yesterday. Thank you for all the previous reviews which were very helpful Agree with all. We are in our 60's and relatively fit ( Just biked 30 miles in Solvang California)) . We turned around at the 1.5 mile . My husband wanted to go on but I am glad we didn't. Hike up was hot and difficult in spots. We left at 8 am and we're back on the south rim by 10:15. Needed 4 bottles of water and 1 bottle of OJ.
we then walked the southern rim for about 3 miles with turn around time.
Glad we brought sandwiches and snacks.
Beautiful scenery! Still had enough energy to enjoy dinner out and a drive along the Dessert Drive Road.

Hiked it with my 10 and 8 year old, however we turned around at the 1 1/2 mile rest stop. To the mile and a half rest stop it is a 1100 foot drop. If you take kids make sure they have proper gear as the hike is steep. My kids would have had trouble going to the 3 mile rest stop. Saw many families attempting the hike without enough water or proper foot ware