Boynton Canyon Trail

Boynton Canyon Trail is a 5.8 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Sedona, Arizona that offers the chance to see wildlife and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and walking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Boynton Canyon is one of the popular trails in Sedona. If you like red rocks this would be one of the perfect hikes. Great views! The trail is great for hiking and normally takes a half day. One of the "votex" points in Sedona, Boynton Canyon is popular for both locals and visitors.

Seems longer than stated. Part of the trail takes you close to some condos, but ultimately you go through different natural ecologies. The last part of the trek is pretty rugged, but my wife and I (both 65+) were able to complete it.

Scenic at start and end but some boring stuff in the middle. When you get to the end, you will see a sign that says "do not go past this point". Look to your right and you will see a red rock face you can scramble up. There's a bit of path to this face. Go up this and the view back to the canyon is amazing. This is the real payoff on this trail.

A tourist booklet listed this as one of four best hikes in the Sedona area and it also stated there were ruins on this trail. We did not see any ruins and although it was pretty, it was parallel to housing much of the way which we could hear leaf blowers and lawn mowers constantly. The hike in was about 1.5 hrs and out about an hour as leaving you are going down hill. Bring lots of water as it is hot and dry. If you have been to Bryce or Arches for hikes you won't likely think this has amazing views.

The Vista trail is nice. Not difficult, but will get rewarded when you are on the top. Relax and get energy when sitting on the stone.

I love Boynton Canyon and it's one of my favorite hikes in Sedona! There is a reason the Enchantment Resort is right there... the views are spectacular and trail features a "vortex"

We enjoyed this hike and will definitely do it next time we are in town.

One of my favorite hikes, ever. The first mile or so I could take or leave - it's average at best. The resort is there but there are other things to look at. However, it pales in comparison to the majesty of the forest beyond. The towering Ponderosa pines made my heart sing and I found myself smiling at just being there to experience it all. There are some ruins you can see from the top of the hike, but I would be weary of bringing kids (or dogs) up the last 50 ft or so to the actual summit. I did encounter a number of people on the trail, but I had some time to myself as well and would jump at the chance to go back!