Boulder Canyon Trail

Boulder Canyon Trail is a 9.1 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Tortilla Flat, Arizona that features a lake and is only recommended for very experienced adventurers. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Beautiful trail. Great views of Battleship mountain and weavers needle.

Beautiful hike of moderate difficulty. Very rocky climb up to a ridge then down to the stream bed. Gorgeous panoramic views! Stunning rock faces. The stream was dry (November) with our dog getting lots of stickers in her paws when hiking near the stream bed. No shade after 1hour post-sunrise so I wouldn’t do this one in summer without careful thought. The best part was the climb up the ridge before descending into the canyon— that would make a wonderful 5 mile round trip with approx 1200 feet of climbing.

loved this trail! so far it is one of my favorites in the area. It is so beautiful with the lake view! not sure I would rate as hard although I didn't have time to make it to the end so it could get harder?

Because the awesome views are towards the beginning of the hike, the rest of it was just not worth it to me.

Even in February this was a HOT hike.

Considering my boyfriend and I went at like 9:45am and as you all probably know it was already hot as hell lol either way the view up and at the top is phenomenal and if your are lucky enough to get some time in the water after it's the perfect combination for a summer getaway in the AZ heat!

Full sun hike. Very difficult. Bring snacks and a water bladder. Lots of sunscreen and a hat. The trail does cross over a creek and so my shoes got soaked. Not a problem but good to know. Amazingly beautiful and green with wild flowers in February when we went. Very hot and exerting even in February due to difficulty rating and full sun.