Boulder Canyon Trail

Boulder Canyon Trail is a 9.1 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Tortilla Flat, Arizona that features a lake and is only recommended for very experienced adventurers. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

was a nice hike, nothing hard about the trail, nice gradual hills, nothing strenuous, nice scenery, little stream added to make for a nice walk in the park!!
not much shade, so come summer, it'll be hot!!

Awesome hike including a great drive in, parking can be tough but there is a lot right next to the trailhead which is also a RV/camping/restaurant parking. Great views and well marked trail however, when you come to the location that contains what looks like an old foundation with a fireplace nestled in a cave do not go straight go right. If you go straight you'll eventually find yourself overshooting into the stream but there are cairns to backtrack on.

This is arduous but so worth it! The views around every turn change and amaze. Many flowers in bloom, but in a week or two this Trail will be ablaze in color.

Amazing views! You can see weavers needle and way down into the canyons. And if you don't feel like making the whole trek it's fine! There are so many viewing points along the way!

Beautiful trail! Tough at the start due to a constant climb but once we got past that we were rewarded with amazing views.

The actual trail isn't always obvious. Also at times there is a separate path that eventually dead ends. There were several times I had to backtrack and take the other path. Lastly if you do make it to the river then carefully note where the path is because with all of the plant growth it can be hard to see. I made the mistake of not carefully noting it and had a little trouble finding it on the return trip. I normally wouldn't have an issue because I always use a GPS app when I go hiking. Unfortunately because there was no cell signal it didn't keep track of my path. Just a bad app in my opinion. Anyways, I just wanted to mention that so people were aware. I had a few moments of fear when I couldn't locate the path. on one of the river crossings I saw someone put up a ribbon on both sides to mark the path. Very simple and effective and something I will eventually add to my backpack.

One of my favorite hikes. Not a lot of people and the views!!! I think being up high is the best. The trail does dip down and crosses the river twice. If you are looking for just photos don't descend from the top. If you are hiking then by all means go the whole way! Lots of loose rock so be aware of your steps and footing.

Great hike with gorgeous views!