Boulder Canyon Trail

Boulder Canyon Trail is a 9.1 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Tortilla Flat, Arizona that features a lake and is only recommended for very experienced adventurers. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Great trail. Enjoy

I love Boulder Canyon Trail- it’s a great hike and the views are incredible!

Correctly rated ‘Hard.’ Another beautiful day, breezy at times...

rocky, hard hike. need really good hiking shoes.

Love this trail. I started a bit later in the day, so I only hiked to La Barge. Trail climbs straight away a little over 1,000 ft in elevation from the trailhead and then quickly descends into La Barge. Even though I only made it that far, it was a fantastic and challenging hike, about 6 and a half miles round trip. Absolutely beautiful and dramatic views to boot, a good day hike through and through.

coming back was a breeze one we realized where the trail was. note to self: cross the wash don't follow it

one of my favorites in the area! the beautiful views are really worth checking out!

Absolutely gorgeous!

We did a short thru hike from the Peralta Trailhead to Dutchman Trail to Boulder Canyon Trailhead. We camped at Second Water Spring and continued on to Canyon Lake (17 miles total) the next day.
We hiked for 9 miles from Fremont Saddle with no water in sight until we reached Second Water Spring (fortunately we had decided to carry 5 liters each, so we had enough for a late November hike), we refilled our water containers before breaking camp. We, again, didn't find any water until we arrived at Canyon Lake. Boulder Canyon is a great trail, but many sections are definitely difficult due to the terrain, incredibly tight, undermanaged trails and you need to have hawkeye vision to find all the cairns when crisscrossing the streambed to make sure you stay on trail.
The views are terrific whether you are up high or are walking along the canyon floor.

Beautiful trail. Great views of Battleship mountain and weavers needle.

Beautiful hike of moderate difficulty. Very rocky climb up to a ridge then down to the stream bed. Gorgeous panoramic views! Stunning rock faces. The stream was dry (November) with our dog getting lots of stickers in her paws when hiking near the stream bed. No shade after 1hour post-sunrise so I wouldn’t do this one in summer without careful thought. The best part was the climb up the ridge before descending into the canyon— that would make a wonderful 5 mile round trip with approx 1200 feet of climbing.

loved this trail! so far it is one of my favorites in the area. It is so beautiful with the lake view! not sure I would rate as hard although I didn't have time to make it to the end so it could get harder?

Because the awesome views are towards the beginning of the hike, the rest of it was just not worth it to me.

Even in February this was a HOT hike.

Considering my boyfriend and I went at like 9:45am and as you all probably know it was already hot as hell lol either way the view up and at the top is phenomenal and if your are lucky enough to get some time in the water after it's the perfect combination for a summer getaway in the AZ heat!

Full sun hike. Very difficult. Bring snacks and a water bladder. Lots of sunscreen and a hat. The trail does cross over a creek and so my shoes got soaked. Not a problem but good to know. Amazingly beautiful and green with wild flowers in February when we went. Very hot and exerting even in February due to difficulty rating and full sun.

such amazing views. early morning is probably best for this hike because there's very little to no shade. also take plenty of water. but don't let that stop you from going. it's completely worth the hike.

This is one of my favorite places to hike in the valley because it's usually quiet in the canyon and the views are so beautiful. I've done this trail at least 5 times and always want to bring someone new with me to experience it. Always have more than enough food and water when doing this hike because there's lots of inclines and very little shade.

was a nice hike, nothing hard about the trail, nice gradual hills, nothing strenuous, nice scenery, little stream added to make for a nice walk in the park!!
not much shade, so come summer, it'll be hot!!