Blue Wash Trail

Blue Wash Trail is a 2.8 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Tonto Hills Subdivision, Arizona. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking and horses. Horses are also able to use this trail.

The waterfall was running today!

I never found the falls as the trail has no markings that I could find, however I did find the Maricopa trail signs must no waterfall. The flies were bothersome and it's straight sun best part for me was the beginning of the hike. A letdown for me.

Great hike. A little steep and slippy at the start then it's through the wash. Wash is a bit of a workout with the deep sandy gravel and some places are climbing over bigger rocks. But the falls is gorgeous and worth the trip. The kiddos could play there all day!

This is a great hike. We've done it many times and it's especially rewarding when the falls are flowing like they were yesterday. As with all desert trails you should always be vigilant about snakes; however, the canyon portion of this trail is especially hazardous. It's a series of rocky steps with crevices abound. On our way back to the trailhead we came across a diamondback who was completely blocking the trail (posted a photo). The canyon walls were on both sides so we couldn't go around and could not scare it off. It was sitting on the bottom of a step and had we been going the other way would've stepped down directly on it. Luckily we noticed another trail closer to the falls that goes up a hill so we backtracked to it and hiked back out along the ridge. It was at least twice the distance but our only option. We'll certainly return to the falls but will take the ridge trail from now on.

Great little hike with a wonderful payoff of a small waterfall at the end. Kid friendly. Can get a little crowded on Sundays. Saw rattlesnakes mating as well as frogs. Tis the season apparently! :)

Very cool hike, few steep parts in the beginning. Scenery is wonderful!