Blue Mesa Trail

Blue Mesa Trail is a 1 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Holbrook, Arizona that offers scenic views. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Beautiful walk through the badlands. The path is paved and in good condition. When I went it was busy, but everyone was spread out.

Walking through the Blue Mesas, I felt like I was on another planet! So beautiful! On the trail, it was my husband, our 2.5 year old son, and me. Our son is pretty good with hiking, but the ledges at the beginning of the trail made me too nervous to let him walk on his own (he's a runner). So I wore him in a hiking backpack. The steep decline at the beginning was a little challenging, but nothing too bad. Plus, we got some great views from there. Once down in the valley, the trail was relatively flat. I was a bit nervous about hiking back up at the end, but there was a bench about halfway up where we took a quick break and even watched a train go by in the distance.