Blackett's Ridge Trail

Blackett's Ridge Trail is a 5.7 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Tucson, Arizona that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October.

This is one of the "Must See" hikes in the area, if you're in town for a short while and want a hike with spectacular views of the Coronado National Forrest. After you park your car in the lot, walk over to the Bear Canyon trailhead - it will be off to the right of the visitors center. Shortly after you start the hike you will come to a paved tram road, turn right and walk along the paved tram road until you come to a small building, cross the bridge to your right and start out along the Phoneline trail. You'll see the trailhead sign for Blacketts Ridge Trail. At the top you'll have incredible views of Thimble Peak to the Northeast and an awesome view of the Phoneline Trail way down below.

Good workout, strenuous climbing and great view at the top.

Good workout. Just know that most of the elevation is in the last 1.5 miles. Also, there are 2-3 false summits so just keep going until you see the sign "End of Blackett's Trial". FINALLY, AND MAYBE MOST IMPORTANT! LADIES, WHEN YOU "POP A SQUAT" PLEASE, PLEASE CARRY YOUR TISSUE OUT. PLEASE DON'T LEAVE IT. WHY WOULD YOU DO SOMETHING SO DISGUSTING? JUST PUT A BAGGIE IN YOUR BACKPACK AND TOSS IT WHEN YOU GET HOME! PLEASE TAKE CARE OF NATURE!

One of my favorite trails

Beautiful views no matter how far you go. It took me 3 tries to get to the top because of how demanding it was. The first big climb is the worst and make all the other inclines seem like nothing. I went in January and started at 7:30am and it took me 3 hours to finish. Weather was beautiful. Highly recommend

Hard yet rewarding hike make sure to drink plenty of water when I was done with this height my legs for in knots because I think I just didn't consume enough fluids

Awesome hike! Please don't feed the chipmunks, folks - they're super cute, but it can be detrimental to their health and their ability to fend for themselves in the long run!

This was my very first trail when started hiking back in march and decided to make it my last hike of the year, I never hiked before until I met Someone from out of state. (local friends are pretty lazy) I got hooked and was left hanging and decided to keep doing it alone and am glad I continued, I've done so many trails now and all amazing in their own different way. Seen all kinds of critters, plants, rocks and made a couple friends on the trails. Never thought I would be hiking 217 miles from march till today. I have to say i feel amazing and it has made me realize and see all the beauty arizona has to offer and I was missing out . I have to thank that one person that came into my life for that one only reason, HIKiNG!!! Happy New Year to everyone, and keep on hiking, I know I will and can't wait for it!!

Fun short hike.

Tough trail, but a great hike! It’s not bad until you split off onto Blackett’s Ridge Trail but from there it’s quite steep and definitely offers a challenge.

Great trail, good quad workout do it with a buddy though. Tons of fearless little birds and squirrels at the top too. Absolutely beautiful

Incredible views. The perfect sauntering experience.

You get to the trailhead by taking the bear canyon trail and then the phone line trail. It’s 1.7 miles to the top and a good workout. The trail is steep and has great views throughout. No shade cover so wear sunscreen. Would recommend.

So I tried following the directions and routed myself to the bear canyon trailhead to start. Perhaps there is more than one, because I definitely didn't start where it says on the map. The trail was so poorly marked that I quickly lost it, got very lost myself and had to walk to a nearby home to find a dirt road to turn around. I'm not sure if there are multiple "Bear Canyon Trailheads" or what's up, but it wasn't a great experience today.

Fun hike. Start as early as possible for the most enjoyable results.

Whoever said this was "nature's stairstepper" was right. I should have listened. If you have knee issues you might want to think about wearing a brace for this one. That said, this is one beautiful hike. When you think you're almost there, take a deep breath and kick that thought right out of your head. You're not. Lots of false summits. Be patient, enjoy the views, and bring a snack for the end of the trail. You're going to want to soak it all in up top.

This is good trail if you are looking for a not too long and not too short, but not too short. But I recommend going early in the morning (I didn't!), there is not a single shred of shade any where in the trail! Also, note that even though trail only gains 1700 ft but it is mostly in the second half, first half is mostly flat. So, it has some pretty steep parts.

The views alone are worth doing this hike. It’s also an awesome workout. Highly recommended.

This hike is a b****!!! But in the best way possible. The views and sense of accomplishment at the top are absolutely unbeatable. One of my favorite hikes when I need a good workout.

Great trail - stair master of the trails.

If you have one morning to see the Catalina Mountains, this is the hike to do. Get out early in the summer and have breakfast up top. No matter how many times I make it up this, the false peaks drive me crazy. The views from the top are outstanding in every direction.