Bittersweet Sunset Loop Trail

Bittersweet Sunset Loop Trail is a 3.3 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Tucson, Arizona that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October.

I don't mind the sights and sounds of the nearby city. Beautiful views that change a lot through the course of the hike. Lots of saguaro including young saguaro. Great views of downtown Tucson.

Too easy. Could see the toad and cars from the trail. Prefer trails where I don’t see any houses or cars. Won’t be doing this one again.

Beautiful, well marked, can see a crested Saguaro.

I enjoyed this hike! The trail is both well-marked and well-maintained. The trailhead is hidden a bit, but once you find it (look for the break in the fence), you’re good to go. Views are gorgeous! Watch for the crested cactus.

The Bittersweet Trail is an entrance to a complicated (but well signed) network of trails, or an out-and-back. It’s lovely though you can see streets & bear city noises much of the route.

Sunday, July 23, 2017

Awesome hike in early morning. Good one to do if you haven't be out for a while.

Tuesday, April 04, 2017

Lovely morning hike. The best route is to go counterclockwise. Keep bearing left and it is hard to wrong. Trail changes name a couple of times but left is the way to go. Look for the crested saguaro next to the trail on the inward leg.

Thursday, March 16, 2017

The hike was an easy one person wide trail. I dealt with zero traffic on the hike so that was nice. I didn't think that the signs were very well marked which ended up cutting my loop short by about a mile. I ran the trail with my dog who surprisingly didn't catch any cactus. Watch your shins for cacti and use your AllTrails app to guide you and you should be in for a good hike.

Friday, March 10, 2017

I liked the trail a lot, but the signage stinks and I think is confusing.

Monday, January 30, 2017

We had a good time. It was an easy walk. I actually didn't think it was well marked. I'd have ended up on the wrong trail without my AllTrails app guiding me.

We thought we saw a puma and a coyote but after visiting the Sonoran desert museum, realized it was probably just coati.

Thursday, January 26, 2017

Nice trail, easy hike.

Sunday, December 25, 2016

Fun easier trail. Nice work out.

Saturday, November 12, 2016

Well marked and kid friendly.

recorded ye