Big Maggie May Trail

Big Maggie May Trail is a 5.7 mile out and back trail located near Cave Creek, Arizona and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

off road driving

Definitely a fun one. There were a few spots that I wouldn't have been able to do without my Jeep (with the Jeep, easy).

off road driving

Moderate trail. 2 or 3 sharp turns which makes visibility difficult. Stock SUV is more than capable (take it easy of course). There are some trails that lead off the main trail (did not venture). There is enough open area at the end to make great camp site.

Saturday, April 30, 2016

did this trail about 3 years ago and I agree the sharp turn switchbacks are no joke. you need to articulate well here. it's very narrow and dues get your adrenaline going for sure. over all great trail, seeing the old cabin remains at end is cool too.

Wednesday, April 06, 2016

I had an epic adventure going from I-17 and Bloody Basin Rd., to Sheep Bridge for camping, Big Maggie May trail, seven springs, and eventually through Carefree.

Regarding the Maggie May trail, I followed the gps coordinates provided by "Guide to Arizona Backroads & 4-Wheel-Drive Trails"

Just before waypoint 4 there are two narrow, tippy ledges. Do not take my words lightly, this part was scary as shit in my Tundra. I mention this because maybe something with a smaller footprint would have a different view. You can't turn around at this point and when you get to WP4 you have to come back and cross them again!!!
Observe your obstacle and think a minute before you take them on!

Overall an easy/medium trail with a few rocky hills and the two ledges. If you do the same journey I mentioned in this review you will be amazed with the variety of scenic views and terrain.

Rock crawlers come for the scenery. It will not be a challenge, although you will get your chances to play!

Awesome experience!

-Stephen

Monday, August 25, 2014

A fun and nice long trail that goes on for miles! There are a couple wash water areas, which were fun going through. Was hoping for more water and or muddy areas, especially with the amount of rain our last monsoon produced. Overall, four out of five.

The temperature from the city was 102 and on this Big Maggie May trail, it dropped down to 79 degrees!

Monday, January 21, 2013

This is the first trail I drove on when I first purchased my FJ. This trail leads to others and when on it, watch out for idiots who think it's ok to set up a shooting target across the trail which you are driving on.