Beverly Canyon Trail Loop

Beverly Canyon Trail Loop is a 2.2 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Phoenix, Arizona that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

Distance: 2.2 miles Elevation Gain: 311 feet Route Type: Loop

Beautiful views, options for difficulty, great hike. Will be doing this often!

South Mountain is a great place to wander the trails. The Beverly Loop trail is a quick, easy hike with awesome views of Phoenix- especially at sunset and after dark. Look out for occasional bikers.

I went through this once by myself and once with my whole little family of a hubby and 2kiddos who are 4 and 6. they did well! only thing id suggest to reay stay away from is the mass amounts of sand at the very lowest trail... that stuff was terrible to try and walk through... sand in every single shoe haha. huge bugs down there too. you can see that trail from the main loop... dont dooo it! unless you have a bike and wouldnt mind an absolute challenge! other than that id see it as almost easy.

My boyfriend and I hiked this trail for our anniversary during March and it was perfect! Everything was in bloom and the weather was awesome :) I would recommend a map when hiking this part of South Mountain as many of its trails intersect and many of the old trails have been washed out. Other than that, it's a perfect 'beginners' hike that's both family and dog friendly.

Great, easy hike. Not too difficult to prevent you from having a conversation with your buddy or to bring your dog along for. Not the most scenic hike but still a good reason to get outside.

It's a great trail for a quick hike. Out and back. A few spots that get that heartrate going but easy enough to have a chat with someone along the way.

They changed the path since our previous visit. Still a good hike but sometimes the path isn’t clearly marked. Easy side of moderate and distance is not too far. Parking isn’t usually a problem but weekends are definitely busier.

I did not find the AllTrails description of this trail to be accurate. As an out-of-towner hiking this area for the first time, I expected to find a loop as described here. Instead, the well-placed trail signposts led us on an out-and-back hike that was significantly longer than 2.2 miles. A local resident we encountered confirmed that the Beverly Canyon trail is not a loop. (She also noted that "it is not the most scenic trail" in the area, and that I can well believe.) I later found this description of the trail to be more accurate: https://hikearizona.com/decoder.php?ZTN=1364

I enjoyed this hike! Not to difficult at all, and posts to help you know your one the right trail! The inclines are not to tough either! I will be back again with my son!

Tough. My first up and down up and down trail. Loved it though, amazing views!

Tuesday, September 11, 2018

This has recently become my favorite trail. It’s beautiful and provides just enough challenge and incline. It provides multiple places to turn around if you are unable to complete the trail. It’s a family friendly trail and the views are incredible

Monday, August 20, 2018

Great place with lots of options! There are easy to moderate, short or long trails great for trail running, walking, hiking, and mountain biking. Some trails are just gravel while others are pretty rocky, but there’s really no shade anywhere. It’s our go-to place bc it’s so close to the city and but we have yet to explore every trail.

Saturday, July 14, 2018

Good for exercise - trail running. Pretty barren but with some good views. Good number of mountain bikes sharing the trail.

Sunday, March 25, 2018

Nice and easy trail. You can either start at BC or JC.

Sunday, December 31, 2017

Trail is lots of fun featuring a series of rolling hills, some sport rocky climbs and descents with great long distance visibility. The grade isn't too steep and there's a crazy fast descent at the end of BC Trail that connects at the bottom with Desert Classic Trail. A fun trail to train on for the harder routes.

recorded 18/52