Bell Rock

Bell Rock is a 1.1 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Sedona, Arizona and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and rock climbing and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

rock climbing

If you start at bell rock parking and only hike summit it is less of a hike and more of an unmarked rock scramble. Even if you only go part of the way up, you have an amazing panoramic view of the red rocks. For the final ascent to the top we took the route up the middle which is steep and required all fours in both directions. Great final view!

The trail itself is well maintained until you get to Bell Rock. Then it’s not clear how (or if) you get to the top. The hike to Bell Rock is very easy and the rock formations are nice, but this confusion was frustrating.

Such a fun hike to the top!

Early morning hike, beautiful vistas with a little trail scrambling up the slopes. Very mystical place even if you are skeptical like me.

Quick hike and then a scramble up the beautiful Bell Rock. We stayed for sunset and then watched the Milky Way slowly emerge. What a glorious spot

Beautiful views, but not well marked to the summit. Go early to avoid the heat, as there is not much shade.

I fell in love with hiking and rock climbing because of this trail! AMAZING!!! And views are absolutely gorgeous!

Do this hike every year we go to Sedona....its easy enough for small children who love the rock scramble up to the beautiful vistas. sunsets are spectacular! every year we try to get higher than the last year......can be crowded at times but if you can only do one hike in Sedona, this is the one! we usually go in July and while it's hot, it's pretty easy if you are in reasonable shape. Enjoy!

Super easy hike, but will always be one of my favorite locations ever.

Great great view! It’s an easy trail to walk, even for my 60+ year old parents. Must do when you’re in Sedona!

I climbed to the top of Bell Rock last Sunday. It was totally awesome! Some scary and very challenging spots. At the top there was this green metal box, I wrote some good thoughts in the notebook. It was fun. invigorating! Coming down was easier for me than going up.

Feel like you are on top of the world on Bell Rock. Relax and enjoy the views. Short hike, a little scary in some spots.

My wife and I really enjoyed this hike! Once we got to bell rock it was a lot of fun to climb around and there seemed to be so many options to scramble and climb. Loved this short and easy hike with opportunities to climb and hook on to other trails as well.

Great short hike. Beautiful and easy to do. A little crowded with other hikers all friendly and fun!

Good climb great views

Incredible views and challenging enough but still fun! This rock is so big that you’re never feeling too crowded.

great for everyone. views spectacular... location just a few mins from town. parking a bit of a challenge when crowded.

Did this at sunset and climbed as high as we comfortably could. Spectacular views as the sun lit up the red rocks

Beautiful view! We had our little dog with us. Just hiked to the base of Bell Rock.

Beautiful Sedona! Not too hard of a hike for me, I don't know if we were on the actual trail though but my friend and I climbed up to the bell and took some photos. LOL she almost got stuck and ended up leaning on a small cactus so we came down before exploring more.

fun hike, the view from high up is amazing.

if you do the 2.2 mile round-trip it should be rated easy if you continue up the rock much more moderate

Wanted to do a short hike while killing time until sunset. This view of Sedona is breathtaking.

This was a very short hike that took us about an hour round trip. How high you go depends on your climbing skill, I was able to make it almost to the top plateau below the actual spires and the view was beautiful. It is peaceful and the “path” is up to you so you don’t have to deal with passers.

Fun quick hike. Was our second hike of the day and was easy on the legs.

An easy walk from the parking lot. After you are about three fourths around it gets to be more moderate than easy. Great views.
You need a pass for parking. $5 from a machine for the day. Early March in the late afternoon the parking lot was not crowded.

This was by far my favorite hike in Sedona. The views are absolutely stunning. I wouldn’t say a moderate hike really, it’s your person best since you go as high as you want. Loved it!

Easy stroll on a wide smooth trail. keep your head up and watch for mountain bikes (most are conscientious, but a few are less polite).

easy enough. my mom felt the vortex in the parking lot!