Bell Rock

Bell Rock is a 1.1 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Sedona, Arizona and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and rock climbing and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

rock climbing

Do this hike every year we go to Sedona....its easy enough for small children who love the rock scramble up to the beautiful vistas. sunsets are spectacular! every year we try to get higher than the last year......can be crowded at times but if you can only do one hike in Sedona, this is the one! we usually go in July and while it's hot, it's pretty easy if you are in reasonable shape. Enjoy!

Super easy hike, but will always be one of my favorite locations ever.

Great great view! It’s an easy trail to walk, even for my 60+ year old parents. Must do when you’re in Sedona!

I climbed to the top of Bell Rock last Sunday. It was totally awesome! Some scary and very challenging spots. At the top there was this green metal box, I wrote some good thoughts in the notebook. It was fun. invigorating! Coming down was easier for me than going up.

Feel like you are on top of the world on Bell Rock. Relax and enjoy the views. Short hike, a little scary in some spots.

My wife and I really enjoyed this hike! Once we got to bell rock it was a lot of fun to climb around and there seemed to be so many options to scramble and climb. Loved this short and easy hike with opportunities to climb and hook on to other trails as well.

Great short hike. Beautiful and easy to do. A little crowded with other hikers all friendly and fun!

Good climb great views

Incredible views and challenging enough but still fun! This rock is so big that you’re never feeling too crowded.

great for everyone. views spectacular... location just a few mins from town. parking a bit of a challenge when crowded.

Did this at sunset and climbed as high as we comfortably could. Spectacular views as the sun lit up the red rocks

Beautiful view! We had our little dog with us. Just hiked to the base of Bell Rock.

Beautiful Sedona! Not too hard of a hike for me, I don't know if we were on the actual trail though but my friend and I climbed up to the bell and took some photos. LOL she almost got stuck and ended up leaning on a small cactus so we came down before exploring more.

fun hike, the view from high up is amazing.

if you do the 2.2 mile round-trip it should be rated easy if you continue up the rock much more moderate

Wanted to do a short hike while killing time until sunset. This view of Sedona is breathtaking.

This was a very short hike that took us about an hour round trip. How high you go depends on your climbing skill, I was able to make it almost to the top plateau below the actual spires and the view was beautiful. It is peaceful and the “path” is up to you so you don’t have to deal with passers.

Fun quick hike. Was our second hike of the day and was easy on the legs.

An easy walk from the parking lot. After you are about three fourths around it gets to be more moderate than easy. Great views.
You need a pass for parking. $5 from a machine for the day. Early March in the late afternoon the parking lot was not crowded.

This was by far my favorite hike in Sedona. The views are absolutely stunning. I wouldn’t say a moderate hike really, it’s your person best since you go as high as you want. Loved it!

Easy stroll on a wide smooth trail. keep your head up and watch for mountain bikes (most are conscientious, but a few are less polite).

easy enough. my mom felt the vortex in the parking lot!

When reading up on the trail to this rock formation I found an article that said “the rock will guide you”. And that’s exactly how it went. There are two parking lots you can park, the one closer has a fee. The trail to the rock was signaled well but as you get closer to it you kinda let your instincts and the rock guide you as you climb it. I made it all the way to the top. It was amazing, please go on this hike, it will change your life.

Hard to follow. Seems like trails and cairns went off in every direction once you hit the steep rock scrambles. Need better signage.

Love this trail! Make sure you climb up to the top to write a note in the notebook. Love the ammo bin idea. Super creative and memorable ♥️

Once you get to the good stuff near the steeper parts, the trail markings disappear with no warning or sign that says “End if Trail” like other hikes in the area. So we spent a lot of time trying to find the next marker/rock pile thing, and we never could and gave up. We wanted it to be exciting and rewarding to get to the top but we never made it due to uneasiness and confusion.

Super easy climb, bring water!

It was our first ever hike in Sedona last 2015 when we moved from Malaysia. Been there again this year but i haven’t truly get the right feel, i mean it has splendid view all around but we haven’t hiked it like we did with the other trails. Anyway, it is a good hike for families with small kids or babies if one would like to carry

Took Bell Rock Loop trail right up the face of Bell Rock. This is a tricky scramble in places and more tricky coming down but an awesome experience nonetheless. I went around to the left side too, to get better views of the Courthouse. Wonderful. Be careful, enjoy!