Beardsley Trail

moderate 51 reviews

Beardsley Trail is a 8.6 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Peoria, Arizona that offers scenic views and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until September.

Distance: 8.6 miles Elevation Gain: 938 feet Route Type: Out & Back

Not really scenic views, this is very rocky and for experienced riders. Still enjoyed

We hiked it right after the rain on December 27th. It was a bit soggy and muddy, but we liked it nonetheless. Hiking it in full sun would have been impossible. It provides no shade.

It’s a nice trail if you are looking for something longer and relatively easy. First section you are in the wash and the rest is pretty rocky. Nice views right before you turn around, I decided to walk myself and my dogs over to the lake for a swim which was about a mile round trip detour right at mile 2.5. Weather was great at 7am.

Sat Feb 16 2019

awesome. relatively easy.

Sat Feb 09 2019

Hiked it. Nice trek, relatively easy, lot of MTB traffic. went out to a lake cove and back, almost 11 mi. total.

Sun Feb 03 2019

ok trail. Just next to the road.

Sun Jan 27 2019

This is a very scienc trail. We left a vehicle at Cottonwood And started on Maricopa trail. Very few people on it and will do again. Lots of flowers and observed a huge wild donkey herd.

Sun Jan 20 2019

We had fun hiking this trail. Elevation isn't hard, but it's a long hike. Nice views, very nice trail. Can't wait to ride it on my bike.

Sun Mar 18 2018

This trail is a little gem in the Northwest Valley. We took about 4 hours to complete it and rested at the lake for a while before heading back. We only saw a few people along the way. It also connects with the Maricopa County Trail system.

Sat Mar 03 2018

Started at 2:45pm and made it back to my car at 7:00pm. Rested before making the 'out' trek and sat to watch the sunset before finishing the last mile. Saw multiple mountain bikers and I was the only hiker. The rolling hills as mentioned below kept it interesting. Saw 2 coyotes, burros, cottontails and a hawk. There is a tiny stream at the beginning that had minnows as well.

Fri Dec 29 2017

This is a great hike to use when working on your backpacking skills. The distance is perfect and you work with a rolling-hills grade. Would do again!!