Bear Mountain Trail

Bear Mountain Trail is a 4.6 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Sedona, Arizona that features beautiful wild flowers and is only recommended for very experienced adventurers. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

From the "Y" roundabout (the intersection of Highway 179 and Highway 89A), drive west on Highway 89A about 3 miles. Turn right on Dry Creek Road. Stay on Dry Creek Road about 3 miles to the end and a stop sign. Turn left on Boynton Pass Road and proceed about 1 1/2 miles to a stop sign. Turn left, continuing on Boynton Pass Road. The trailhead is the second trailhead on the left side, about 1 3/4 miles from the stop sign. The trailhead is across the road from the parking area

28 minutes ago

Great hike. Make sure to bring plenty of water and follow the white arrows to stay on the trail.

Outstanding. Bring lots of water. (2L)

I agree and disagree with parts of the reviews. Agree that you need a lot of water, I ran out just as I was finishing with 3.5 liters. I also agree that it was so hard and not for anyone who is not experienced. I disagree that it wasn’t well marked - and this almost deterred me because I hiked it alone.

It was such an amazing workout, beautiful views and I’d highly suggest. I saw 7 people the entire time, which I love

Awesome hike with breathtaking views! Watch the weather and don't go when it's really hot because it's a lot of climbing and sweating. Love this hike!

Did this hike as it was rated one of the top in Sedona. Pretty hike, but definitely think there are many better hikes in Sedona.

Great trail. A few false summits. You will know when you've reached the end because there is an End of trail sign. Make sure you follow the white arrows.

Awesome trail, very secluded and incredible views about midway up.

I’ve hiked this trail twice and enjoyed it both times. It is very challenging so be sure to bring lots of water. It’s nice to bring some food and enjoy lunch and some incredible views.

Favorite hike in Sedona!

2nd favorite hike in town. Short and sweet just the way I like it. I use a Fenix 5x and mileage is 4.6 miles from the trail sign, not sure why others are saying it's 7 miles. Did this hike solo today, trail was well marked but I could see how one could get easily lost in certain sections.

Very hard hike. Bring plenty of water. Probably 3 liters. Amazing views but for the experienced hiker. It tested my spirit a couple times. Truly an amazing experience and breath taking views at the top.