Bear Canyon to Seven Falls Trail

Bear Canyon to Seven Falls Trail is a 7.9 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Tucson, Arizona that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

partially paved

It has been a while since I was last out here. I went on a holiday(MLK) and the trail was packed. There were large parties. In many cases, hikers were blaring music out of loud speakers while walking. Not very serene. I realize this is a busy trail, but that seemed like a bit much. That being said, the water was flowing, wildlife was abounding, and the views breathtaking. Try a weekday when the crowds will be down for a better experience overall.

One of my favorite hike in Tucson. My one year old son and I hike on 12/31 and it was beautiful, lots of flowing water and the falls was beautiful. If you are planning on hiking with a Baby make sure to bring hiking sticks they are very handy when you are coming down hill.

LOVE this hike all year round. I start bringing my children at age 4. Child back carrier possible but not alone, I'd bring someone to help with the steep areas and climbing down areas for child safety. Not stopping with a decent pace is 1hr 45min from bear canyon trail. Road dead ends - turn left- parking around to the right. HOWEVER this map is showing from sabino canyon. Be smart and bring extra water. July monsoons watch for thunder head clouds and hike back immediately once you see them forming. 7 crossovers. Last 2 are about 15-20 min long each. Possible chance of shoes getting wet when water is high. Bathroom and water fountain are on the road before the main trailhead.

One great hike. Elevation is doable. Scenery is beautiful. About six creek crossings and we did get wet up to our ankles, but it didn’t bother us cause it was a gorgeous day. Would definitely recommend this hike.

It is an amazing hike. Summer can get HOT, so be sure to bring lots of water. During the winter/spring the water can be a little high at times BUT if the water at the crossings is up, then the views of the waterfalls become even better.

Super fun! However - it is important to note that from the parking lot, round trip, the hike is 10 miles to the falls, not 7.8 as the AllTrails info indicates. Being plenty of water, wear shoes you’re OK with getting wet, and a hat.

Great hike! Did it later in the day which gave us great sunset views on the way back. Love that there is a waterfall at the end.

The address that the app brings you too in the directions is a private property. When you get to the intersection that is at the end of the directions just make a left and the parking lot and trail head is right there.

Definitely try getting there as early as possible. We got to the trail head around 8:20am and the parking lot was relatively empty. By the time we were in our way back there was way more foot traffic and the parking lot was pretty much full around 12:30

It was a great hike - 9 miles round trip from trailhead to the falls. It took us 3hr50min and that includes relaxing at the falls for a little bit. Views and terrain were great. The only reason I’m giving 4 stars is because at times the trail is pretty poorly marked. But glad we did it and would recommend checking it out.

Great mellow hike with beautiful canyon views and fun stream crossings throughout. Relatively flat until the last quarter mile where it climbs. You can take real trail vs paved road for the first mile - just look for Bear Canyon trail which then will show signs for 7 waterfalls. Took 3 hours RT at a brisk pace.

A great hike, very scenic and peaceful. This is one I sometimes take my kids with me on. They started hiking it at six, so moderate would be an accurate rating.

Great views of the canyon as you go!

Awesome trail!
I’m disabled & am still able to pull this off...
The falls & creek are beautiful!

Great walk!

Start early to avoid crowds. Later than 8 start and you'll likely have much company at the falls. by mid day it'll be packed. When you have it to yourself it's almost magical. Amazing trail and scenery just outside of Tucson

Beautiful trails! We had so much fun hiking this trail. Some parts it’s a bit difficult to tell where the trail is, but otherwise super easy to follow. A great hike for us, not strenuous but not a stroll either. Make sure to explore around the pool at the end.

Easy and not so long Trail
Beautiful day on december
Superb trees and cristal water

one of my favorites! never disappoints. water makes it such a gorgeous trail. good for summer (if appropriately prepared with water, hat, and sunscreen!!) or winter.

This is an awesome trail with great views. Not a hard trail not easy either.. the low rating is due to the excessive flow of people heading to the falls!! A friend wanted to see the falls so went back with her but started at 6:30am and no one was there when we got there!!!

I don't know if I misread the mile marks but for us it was longer than 9 miles and we didn't reach the end. We stopped at 4.5 miles as it was getting darker and turned back. I was expecting the trail end at 3.8 miles based on the total of 7.9 miles. Nonetheless, it was a beautiful hike. It was like walking through a slightly elevated landscape garden. I just love the saguaros!

Did this hike with family while visiting my sister the day before Thanksgiving. There was not as much water flowing at the falls this year compared to last year when we did this hike, but it’s still beautiful. A few water crossings, but we didn’t even get our feet wet this year.

Hiked it before Thanksgiving. Was a great hike and loved the falls. I highly recommend this trail

best trail run ever!

Really stunning trail that follows the creek up the canyon. Wonderful view points as it curves up the head of the canyon. Great picnic spot on the smooth water washed rocks at the midpoint of the falls at the top. Easy hike. Walking poles nice to have at the top.

Beautiful

Fairly easy trail (if you're good on distance) and enjoyable hike with stunning destination. For those who wish to be more challenged, plenty of opportunities to navigate up the falls (though use caution, particularly when wet), while the rest of your party relaxes down below.

This trail has a variety of interesting vistas and interweaves along the creek bed, which when water levels are on the higher side, creates some fun little creek crossings. The pay off on this hike comes when you reach 7 falls (provided there is water at the falls). The falls are not visually impressive, but make a very chill setting. This is a great hike for hikers of a range of skill levels.

Dogs not allowed on this trail.

I hiked this trail with my husband back in January when I was 38 weeks pregnant (my ambitious idea, not his) and loved it! It was a rewarding challenge with incredible views the entire way. The falls were dry at that time of the year, but it was still well worth it to get to the end. Lots of people were out, but everyone we passed was very encouraging along the way.

The first 2 miles are on hard pack dirt or paved road from the parking lot. The shuttle service was no longer running. The scenery the entire route is beautiful. I hit a dry season so the creek crossings were easy and dry. I can see more difficulty when water is flowing and would bring water shoes or prepare for soggy feet. The difficult part the trail is about a mile from the falls but it’s not super hard. I did find the trail relatively poorly marked given the 7 creek crossings. Because there are side trails by the crossings, pay attention to picking up the trail on the other side. Basically you are following the creek into the canyon so you cannot get lost but can end up searching a bit for the trail. The falls were almost nonexistent but there were pools of water and it didn’t take much to envision how spectacular it would be in the wet season.

Well maintained trail. Leaving by 8am is great advice. My wife and I were fine with 2 L of water but it wasn't a hot day. Strangely enough, one of the creeks was bone dry on the way up but running pretty good 3 hours later when we go back to it. We ended up using the road from that point on.