Bear Canyon to Seven Falls Trail

Bear Canyon to Seven Falls Trail is a 8.5 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Tucson, Arizona that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible year-round.

Distance: 8.5 miles Elevation Gain: 1,062 feet Route Type: Out & Back

partially paved

Doing during the summer you better have plenty of water and take a good break at the falls enjoy it cause the walk back to the car never seemed so far away got home and past out for 3 hours heat exhaustion damn but worth it so worth 1st trail I’ve ever done saw lots of cool stuff there’s a snake in one of the ponds so watch out be safe folks

There are a few places where the trail cuts across the wash and you need to keep eyes peeled for trail markers. At one of the early crossings in particular I was glad to have my downloaded map at hand! Nice maintained trail, and water in the pools at seven falls in August. It was nice to take a dip before returning back. Definitely bring snacks and plenty of water, I passed more than one person run out or nearly run out of water on the trail!

Good easy/moderate trail. This time of year (August) there is no flowing water, so not quite as pretty as it would be at other parts of the year. No shade by late morning though, bring 3L of water and shoes with good ankle support. I am a experienced hiker and it took me 3.5 hours round trip with about a 30 minute break at the top.

Great hike!! No water really,, some nasty looking water at the fall ponds only.. but great hike overall, got very hot coming back!! But made it!!

The trail was amazing. it was so fun! There was lots of lizards some were rainbow colored and we saw snakes in the little bit of water that was around. Beautiful views!!

Beautiful hike and plenty of water in the pools.

Grat easy Hike, specially for beginners.

AMAZING TRAIL! The view was incredible, straight forward and easy to follow, TAKE WATER!

Fun hike! Not to hard or long and a great reward once you get to the falls! The water was cold at the top pool but it was refreshing! The lower the pools the warmer water. Not a ton of shade so bring extra sunscreen and hat! Also recommend taking the shuttle to the trail head so you don’t have to walk in additional 4 miles down the road.

beautiful! not a lot of water left but when you reach the top it's totally worth it. make sure to take enough water.

I would recommend this trail to everyone. Not very difficult except for the length. There is no shade along this trail. I suggest to bring at least 3L of water and to leave early. I used my national park pass but there is an entry fee of $5. I did get a little lost on the way back (you cross the river many times) but the all trails app got me right on track. There is no water in the river so I did not get wet until I reached the falls and took a swim- the water was great. About 3 hours of hiking. Enjoy!

Very scenic trail, falls were a little bit underwhelming

Great hike. It is very long and a little challenging but well worth it to see the falls. Take lots of water and dress appropriately. Some food is a good idea. It took us 4 1/2 hours of hiking time.

This trail, according to Gaia GPS is 8.74 miles round trip from the parking lot. Note that you need to pay $5 to park. It took me 4 hrs on the nose including stopping to take a few photos on the return hike. The trail is generally easy to follow but not particularly well-marked at the dry stream crossings. The map on All Trails is accurate so if you question your direction, take a look. This trail isn't far from town and I had at least 3G cell service for most of the trail if that matters to you. I departed the parking area at 4 pm and was treated to a great sunset and cooler air on the walk back. The trail is not that remarkable until the falls at the end , but it is an easy and not that challenging way to do a desert walk. I'm just visiting Tuscon so not sure how it compares to other trails but I'd recommend it to anyone.

On any given day within a suitable season this trail is terrific; valleys surround you and give plenty of shade when started early. If you are lucky enought to trail and find the falls and river with water then you'll know that the trail forward is worth the time and energy. I recommend sunscreen and water for the trail.

I went last summer. It was super hot but the water temperature was AMAZING! I will be going this month so hopefully the water isn’t too cold from melted snow!

This trail is a lot of fun! The first part is relatively flat and little to No shade most of the way but it does get a bit rocky especially crossing the streams. Bring plenty of Water!! Getting there seems pretty long but totally worth it once you get there and the cold water gave us a big second wind and the hike back was a breeze.

Check the map before you head out. If you hike along the river, there are lots of locations to fill up your water bottle.

Bring allot of water! I ran out before I was done hiking. And I had a camel back... Arizona heat is deceiving.

Definitely not a hard trail! I would rate this as easy. I would recommend going early as it gets quite busy at the falls. A little too touristy

We really enjoyed this hike today. We took the shuttle to the start of the trail and we were glad we did that as it was a very hot day. We crossed over the water about six times but did not need to remove our shoes. In total, we hiked 5.3 miles. Between the two of us, we drank 6 16-oz bottles of water, and that seemed just right. Once you get to the seven falls area, it will be well worth the hike. You can see Tucson from that point. It’s like a box canyon when you get to the falls.

Falls were beautiful. Pretty flat until the last mile.

March-April all the flowers are out and great weather. It was an easy hike for a newbie like me. Absolutely beautiful, the water is bone chilling......