Bear Canyon to Seven Falls Trail

Bear Canyon to Seven Falls Trail is a 7.9 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Tucson, Arizona that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

40 minutes ago

I loved this trail! There wasn’t much water when I went so I’ll definitely be going again. A lot of flat hiking then a lot of incline towards the end.

It was hard, but amazing views and at the end the Seven Falls!

Went out today for an afternoon hike. The trail is in great shape. There was a lot of water today. We were able to swim at the pools at the falls. Lots of frogs and lizards on the trail today.

Awesome refreshing swim at the top! Can’t beat it!

Nice hike for family. Great lunch spot at the falls.

I’ve just recently started hiking so this trail was definitely challenging for me. A friend and I made it to the falls area 05/20/18. I wanted to quit a few times along the way.

We started our hike at 5:15 am and arrived back to the vehicle by 10:00 am. I drank 3 liters of water.

I am so thankful to all of the strangers that passed by picking up on my “quitter” vibe and offered such encouraging lies such as, “You’re almost there!”, “Oh so close, don’t stop!”, and my favorite, “It’s just around the bend.”, all the while we still had no less than a mile + left.
If not for your push I quite possibly would have quit. That hike was so important to me as it was the one year anniversary to of my brother’s passing. I had to make it to the end and back.

The view is beautiful. The trail is rocky and rough at times. Wear good hiking shoes/boots rather than running shoes if you have weak ankles or are a beginner hiker. My legs were so PO at me by the time i had started back down the trail that they absolutely refused to pick my feet up so I stubbed my toes and tripped a lot going down. So thankful no one knew my name as I’m pretty sure I looked like I was coming off of a binger at the last stretch to the trailhead.

Will definitely do this one again.

The best

Beautiful trail, but much more difficult than I was led to believe. I have a fair amount of hiking experience and this was a rougher trek than I was expecting. Also climbing up and down the falls can be sketchy even if the rocks aren't wet they're still very slick. Also call ahead and make sure the falls are running before taking this trail. We didn't think do so and the falls only had small pools no running water not even a trickle. I'd go back if I knew the falls were running, but if not there's no way.

Edit: it's also a bit longer than indicated

No falls as of 5/19. It's a moderate hike but right now it's hot and the sun is relentless. Little to no shade on the trail. It's still gorgeous up there though. There is still some water in the reservoirs but I wouldn't get in it. There were at least 20 'young adults' that were up there swimming and being obnoxious. Don't expect calm and serene.
We walked from the visitors center but took the tram back....worth the $4
Also, it's more that the 7.9 miles the hike description says. According to my 'map my hike' it was 9.75 from the visitors center and back round trip. When we got to the 7 switchbacks it was still about a mile to the 'falls'. We thought we were almost there but not quite lol

This hike was actually really difficult for us. Coming back is easier because it's mostly downhill. The falls are just a trickle and all the creek beds were dry. We actually got lost on the way down for about 20 min and it was terrifying in the heat. I think it's only worth it if the falls are flowing. Check with the visitors center before going.

I give it four stars not five because of the crowds. It’s a very popular and relatively easy hike to a lovely spot. Worth the hike but don’t expect a quiet , solitary,meditative experience.

The falls started getting small, still plenty of water in the bigger and higher reservoirs. Glad to make through with friend and 3 kids. Still popular even getting pretty hot. The reviews on this site and many people on the way helped a LOT in preparation and not getting lost for the first time! Exhausted and overheated. Will try again when weather is cool and more water in the creek.

Popular Destination hike with lots of creek crossings 12? total creek xings most people like. Wade or Rock hop with poles helpful. Destination 7 Falls are HUGE and beautiful. Resting at base: a few people fell on butts due to camoflauge rock moss =:o. Most of hike is along creek bottom until grand finale cascading Falls. Check Visitor Ctr weather (flash floods) n bring lots of water.

It’s a very popular hike here and suitable for many levels of hikers. The falls are beautiful! Several water crossings which is always fun! Make a day out of it.

Excellent way to spend the day. Hike takes you through a canyon along a creek. Great views. Hiking time 3 hours - 14km from parking lot and back. Some areas are not marked well so keep your eye in the trail.

Hike this everytime we come to Tucson. Love it! Oh... and jump in the water at 7falls!

Some of the path is hardly marked so it's easy to get lost. However it was beautiful I highly recommend!

The beautiful views! The rock formations are amazing. I enjoyed this hike very much.

My favorite hike in the area.

Great hike with amazing views

Outstanding views ❤️

Very climactic. I really loved this hike.

Amazing! Such a great hike with beautiful falls at the end. We got there early enough to have the falls all to ourselves for a good 40-45 minutes. We passed a TON of people as we were heading out - from what I've heard (and now from what I've seen) this place gets extremely busy. That being said, our solitude was a true, special rarity!
I saw lots of people wearing improper footwear. Bring water, start early, and wear good hiking boots/shoes, the rocks are very slippery! We mostly stayed on the trails (avoiding the tram road) and it was a little over 8 miles.

the hike up is definitely worth the view at the top!

It wasn't what i was expecting. but great trail. beautiful at the end. just be prepared for a lot of people even during middle of week.

GREAT hike with BEAUTIFUL views! The weather was perfect!

One of the best hikes I’ve ever done. I went weekday early morning and it was still pretty busy.... around 12 it got intensely crowded.
The hike is so so worth the falls though, and I’d do it again any day. You just have to take care when crossing the river... as the trail isn’t marked too well in these areas! Got lost a couple of times but again, so totally worth it.

Parking lot busy. Worth it.

Awesome hike!! Rocks are slippery. Be careful!! Don’t try to do any stunts by seven falls. Take tram if you have less time to hike. Checked my Bucket list