Bear Canyon to Seven Falls Trail

Bear Canyon to Seven Falls Trail is a 7.9 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Tucson, Arizona that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

Hike this everytime we come to Tucson. Love it! Oh... and jump in the water at 7falls!

Some of the path is hardly marked so it's easy to get lost. However it was beautiful I highly recommend!

The beautiful views! The rock formations are amazing. I enjoyed this hike very much.

My favorite hike in the area.

Great hike with amazing views

Outstanding views ❤️

Very climactic. I really loved this hike.

Amazing! Such a great hike with beautiful falls at the end. We got there early enough to have the falls all to ourselves for a good 40-45 minutes. We passed a TON of people as we were heading out - from what I've heard (and now from what I've seen) this place gets extremely busy. That being said, our solitude was a true, special rarity!
I saw lots of people wearing improper footwear. Bring water, start early, and wear good hiking boots/shoes, the rocks are very slippery! We mostly stayed on the trails (avoiding the tram road) and it was a little over 8 miles.

the hike up is definitely worth the view at the top!

It wasn't what i was expecting. but great trail. beautiful at the end. just be prepared for a lot of people even during middle of week.

GREAT hike with BEAUTIFUL views! The weather was perfect!

One of the best hikes I’ve ever done. I went weekday early morning and it was still pretty busy.... around 12 it got intensely crowded.
The hike is so so worth the falls though, and I’d do it again any day. You just have to take care when crossing the river... as the trail isn’t marked too well in these areas! Got lost a couple of times but again, so totally worth it.

Parking lot busy. Worth it.

Awesome hike!! Rocks are slippery. Be careful!! Don’t try to do any stunts by seven falls. Take tram if you have less time to hike. Checked my Bucket list

A nice hike with family from Oregon. Way too many people so didn’t hike all the way down. It was a little warm but manageable.

Beautiful hike to some waterfalls. I met a lot of people along the way. I started at 8am and got back to the visitor's center at 1pm.

EXCELLENT HIKE!!!
Please be sure to read my
“VERY IMPORTANT NOTE” at the end!!!

The parking lot and trails fill up fast and be sure to bring plenty of water for the trek. There was lots of water at the falls (3/12/18) along with people and even some crazy ones that jumped in above the falls. The incline is moderate and you cross over the creek 5-7 times before making the final ascent up to the falls and was easily done without getting my feet wet. I suggest that you take advantage of any nice shaded spots to stop and rest on the way up. Overall I enjoyed myself immensely and would recommend this trail to anyone. .

VERY IMPORTANT NOTE: there are huge flat rocks at the falls that are very slippery. I managed to slip while still wearing my hiking boots, but luckily didn’t fall. So, I cannot stress enough to be EXTREMELY CAREFUL and use great caution at all times. Taking even greater caution if you happen to take off your shoes and get your feet wet.

Awesome trail!

3/10/18 - pools were full and waterfalls were running! Absolutely beautiful!

Great hike! Very easy but worth the falls at the end!

I went a couple months ago and should have picked a different time of year. There was barely any water at the falls and it was hot

I have hiked this trail twice. Both times, I was with others who weren’t ready for the the trek. Consequently, each time, I had turn around at the 3/4 point. It’s frustrating, but I can’t push others beyond their limitations. I hike with others for safety and company, but I may have to return by myself in order to actually make it to the falls. (I’ve read that this time of year is perfect because the falls are beautiful after the mountain snow melts.) I am always concerned about safety when hiking alone, but I wouldn’t be alone on this “touristy” trek. However, once I do it, I probably won’t return. This trail is simply too crowded—hence, my rating. (Who knows, that rating may change after I actually SEE the falls.)
Tips:
1. Leave early to try to beat the crowds and heat.
2. Take cash for Bear Canyon tram, if you plan to ride it.
3. Start at the Bear Canyon Trailhead to avoid tram fees and long lines.
4. Take your trekking poles!
5. Take plenty of water!
6. Don’t attempt this trek if you are a beginner.
7. Take your patience; some people are rude.
8. Wear old shoes that you don’t mind getting wet.
9. Wear shorts, as you may wade in the creek, depending on water depth.
10. Have dry shoes and socks in your backpack or car.
11. Take snacks for the trail.
12. Be aware that this is a 6-8 mile RT hike, depending on where you start. (The falls are approx 3 mi from the last tram stop.)
13. Be aware that there are no RR facilities past the last tram stop.

Very easy trail and well maintained. It’s long but worth the hike to the falls

We went past the turnoff to seven falls — no people and some nice areas

Wonderful day for a nice hike to 7 falls. So much water, love it love it love it, and on the way back, we also hiked to the dam, beautiful!

Fun trail with great views and water falls

There is lots of rainwater pouring over the falls today.

Pretty easy hike my friend and I ran the whole way . The views are alright there was unfortunately no water from the falls. Glad I did it probably wouldn’t go again

Great trail but be prepared for a lot of steps and walking through the creek but once you get to the falls it is all worth it