Baseline Trail is a 2.6 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Goodyear, Arizona that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 2.6 miles Elevation Gain: 370 feet Route Type: Loop

fee

The Baseline trail is a 2.6 mile loop at Estrella Mountain Regional Park. This listing is based on access from a spur trail (33.378981, -112.371072) off of the Gila trail. Access is also available from the BA Spur Trail, the Toothacher Trail and several other spur trails. The Baseline trail is a pretty easy trail. there are some gravely sections though. If you prefer a steep climb, hike this loop counter clockwise. Other wise you will encounter a steep descent. Either way it will get your heart pumping. $7 entry fee per car.

$7 fee to park but worth it for a trail pretty much by myself. No shade so go early or late in the day and bring lots of water and sunblock.

Good trail, I would not say it is easy more moderate there is plenty of steep up hill parts to keep your heart rate up. Less busy than other Phoenix trails but still a good challenge.

fee

This is not an easy trail, I would classify this as a moderate level trail. Extremely rocky with steep grades. Otherwise amazing views. I think next time I do want to try this trail again with a mountain bike. Saw a couple of them on the trail as well. Looking forward to visiting again.

fee

Went about 45 mins till sunset and it was amazing! Loved the views, loved how you can go higher and higher and over see the west valley. Weather was so good today too. My family (three kids: 15, 8,9) and our dog had no problems. There was people but not so much and there were so many trails. Lots of loose rocks. Heard a pack of coyotes near after sunset, was time to go when the dog started getting ansi.

This was a really nice trail with some variety. Not too hard but a lot of rocks. We went counter clockwise to avoid the steep descent that is rocky and were able to climb up it easily. We saw two coyotes on the trail above us, two road runners on the trail and bees. Hike up to the scenic viewpoint at the end!

Dog friendly. Seen a few families as well. Easy trail

fee

My friend and I took her dog here. very nice leisurely trail!

fee

Enjoyable views of the mountains! Nice and open trail most of the time.

This is definitely not my favorite trail. For the vast majority of the trail you can see roads and building. It's filled with lots of loose rocks the whole way. There's not a lot of elevation change but it was still probably too hard to be called easy for those either out of shape or elderly.

fee

fairly easy hike with some good incline counter clockwise. hardly any people!

fee

Great hike with family, children, and dog.

fee

my dog and I loved it! would not take my 3 and 4 year old on it. ups and downs, switchbacks and rocky at times. I'll bring my 6 year old if he is feeling adventurous. gorgeous hike.