Baseline Trail

Baseline Trail is a 2.6 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Goodyear, Arizona that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

The Baseline trail is a 2.6 mile loop at Estrella Mountain Regional Park. This listing is based on access from a spur trail (33.378981, -112.371072) off of the Gila trail. Access is also available from the BA Spur Trail, the Toothacher Trail and several other spur trails. The Baseline trail is a pretty easy trail. there are some gravely sections though. If you prefer a steep climb, hike this loop counter clockwise. Other wise you will encounter a steep descent. Either way it will get your heart pumping. $6 entry fee per car.

Great trail well mark

My kids and I love this trail! It’s the very 1st one we completed when we 1st moved to Arizona!

moderately easy. not for young kids or people bad knees. gorgeous scenery.

Hiked this trail last week with my sisters. We are all in our 50's and this was a great hike. Some sections were steep but it wasn't too hard. There was a lot of horse poop on the trail. We parked our car and walked up the Baseline Spur Trail (which was fairly steep) to the Baseline Trail. Wonderful views. Round trip from our car was about 3 1/2 miles.

the trail was amazing nice scenery and a good workout

Nice and easy...great views

Easy trail with good views

Great easy place to start off for beginners

Tougher than it seems. I wouldn’t suggest it for beginners or people with bad knees.

I hiked Baseline trail today with my 5 and 9 year old. Beautiful day for a hike. The trail was easy for me but a few spots were hard for the kids. They pushed on through and we did a total of 3.6 miles. We saw two roadrunners one when we entered the park and the second on Baseline trail.

Would have been 5 stars but lots of dog poop on trail not picked up by owners. Shame on humans

I wouldn't say easy, but it was beautiful.

Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Really enjoy the serenity here. Wind up on the mountain is welcomed in the heat of the summer.

Thursday, March 16, 2017

I just moved to the area and have a one year old. I am also 9 months pregnant and this hike was perfect for me and my family. Would definitely recommend it to others because you get to see wildlife and beautiful flowers as well as beautiful views of Arizona.

Saturday, February 11, 2017

loved it very peaceful

Saturday, December 31, 2016

Great trail!! Enough length and enough vertical for this old man

Monday, June 06, 2016

overall great trail and great trail for the whole family

Friday, February 05, 2016

An OK trail. Steady uphill with switch backs. Not terribly difficult, but you'll definitely feel the pull in your legs. Good for adults, kids with high energy and dogs. My mastiff is geriatric, and she did ok with water and rest breaks. The rocks are beyond gravel stage and her paws became sore. Nice view at the top.

Wednesday, July 08, 2015

it's been so long, but i remember it being a pretty decent trail. dont remember if it was stroller friendly or not.

Sunday, December 07, 2014

It is great for hiking with small children. Not too exciting but very easy and small.

Friday, November 01, 2013

The views aren't amazing, but the trails in the Estrella Mountain Park are well-maintained and well-marked. There are tons of choices for trails: short and long, steep and flat, you name it. There is a $6 day use fee or a $75 annual pass. There is a good assortment of desert flora and fauna in the park as well.

Sunday, October 20, 2013

The Estrella Mountain Regional Park is a great place for trail running. The views and scenery aren't anywhere as close to what the White Tanks, South Mountain, or McDowell Regional Parks have to offer, but Estrella is a lot less crowded. That makes for an enjoyable running experience.

Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Fun, great views. Not from AZ so I enjoyed all the cactus, lizards and desert. Gentle hills, rocky trail but easy.