Baseline Trail

Baseline Trail is a 2.6 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Goodyear, Arizona that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

wheelchair friendly

The Baseline trail is a 2.6 mile loop at Estrella Mountain Regional Park. This listing is based on access from a spur trail (33.378981, -112.371072) off of the Gila trail. Access is also available from the BA Spur Trail, the Toothacher Trail and several other spur trails. The Baseline trail is a pretty easy trail. there are some gravely sections though. If you prefer a steep climb, hike this loop counter clockwise. Other wise you will encounter a steep descent. Either way it will get your heart pumping. $6 entry fee per car.

Great easy place to start off for beginners

Tougher than it seems. I wouldn’t suggest it for beginners or people with bad knees.

I hiked Baseline trail today with my 5 and 9 year old. Beautiful day for a hike. The trail was easy for me but a few spots were hard for the kids. They pushed on through and we did a total of 3.6 miles. We saw two roadrunners one when we entered the park and the second on Baseline trail.

Would have been 5 stars but lots of dog poop on trail not picked up by owners. Shame on humans

I wouldn't say easy, but it was beautiful.

Really enjoy the serenity here. Wind up on the mountain is welcomed in the heat of the summer.

I just moved to the area and have a one year old. I am also 9 months pregnant and this hike was perfect for me and my family. Would definitely recommend it to others because you get to see wildlife and beautiful flowers as well as beautiful views of Arizona.