Barks Canyon Trail

Barks Canyon Trail is a 5.5 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Gold Canyon, Arizona that offers scenic views and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

beautiful but it's very easy to get lost. I suggest hiking 1 way to the saddle, enjoy the view, then hike back the same way.

after the saddle the trail is almost impossible to find

Beautiful area, but very poorly marked. The trail goes up through a creek. Because of recent rainfall the creek was running making it slightly difficult to hike up with dogs. Once getting to where the middle of the loop the trail was overgrown and extremely difficult to follow. We didn't get to complete the loop because there didn't seem to be an area to get to the peralta trail. It's easy to see the lone pine near peralta, but no way to get to it that we could find. After the hike we asked the park rangers about our challenges. The Rangers stated it is not a maintained trail and is too overgrown.

Gorgeous hike. Definitely rough and tough at some points. The recent rains allowed for some beautiful waterfalls right on and along the trail.

Saturday, January 04, 2014

Real great challenge. Lots of awesome scenery . Bring lots of water n snacks. But one draw back. Lost cellular service bout 1/2 way through. May sure you write down nomes of other trails so you won't get lost. 5 stars from this Seahawks fan.

Thursday, November 17, 2011

nice trail. love the tonto state park. found a creek on the way. I needed it. I didnt expect it to be that hot and my buddy certainly didnt bring enough water with him.