Badger Springs Wash Trail

Badger Springs Wash Trail is a 1.5 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Cordes Junction, Arizona that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 1.5 miles Elevation Gain: 101 feet Route Type: Out & Back

A beautiful hike just outside of Phoenix that is about 70% rock hopping, the rest sand and water. The trail can be extended past the petroglyphs by bushwhacking another 3/4 of a mile. One is treated with numerous rock formations and small cascades when you do. The trail is sandy for many segments with uneven surfaces. Wet feet are common during the winter, spring, and after rain events. Beware of summer monsoons which may produce flash flooding in the area. If you are caught in a monsoon event, get to higher ground immediately.

Loved this trail. More of a walk than a hike. Take the gravel road down - it leads to parking & my surprise it leads to restrooms. The trail ends at the creek. I traveled up a decent way towards the left. Petroglyphs at the water too.

So much fun!!

recorded Badger Springs Wash Trail

When you get to the end it’s so beautiful! The hike was easy enough and my dog loved it. I went a few months ago when there was a lil water in the creek. No bugs

I'm sure it's a beautiful trail and we enjoyed the tiny bit we did but then we ran into about 20-30 wasps that we couldn't get around so we turned back!

My first time was in March, it was great, absolutely beautiful. I did it again yesterday, there were lots of ants, flies and wasps, but disappointed that there was no water, it was completely dry..Probably best to go after couple of rains. Giving 4 stars for previous hike

Quick hike with beautiful views. Water is a bit low but still gorgeous. Will do this one again!

It is certainly a short little walk down the wash to the water, so if you’re looking for something that isn’t too long, this is it. There are big boulders when you get to the water, so if you are looking for some fun and love climbing like I do, it’s fun to continue rock hopping up the river. I found a flat rock, lied down and just listened to the river flow. It was beautiful.

Beautiful trail down to the river.

tons of water down at the river! my dog loved it so much! it was pretty much a straight shot down to the river from the trailhead. i was concerned about other comments mentioning a 4x4 but did not find it to be an issue. i have a 2011 VW Golf which made the trip easily. no damage to the car. wouldn’t recommend something low to the ground since it is bumpy but most cars should be able to handle it. when you get to the restrooms there is more parking if you drive just a little further. walk down the trail to the river was about 40 minutes and back up about 30. definitely recommend this spot!

such an amazing trail! once you get to the main river there are a few trails that lead upstream for about another mile. great place to relax.

Beautiful hidden gem. I’d be here everyday if I could.

Loved it!

easy fun little hike with some great views. I took my 8 and 5 year old boys and both of them had a blast. Badger Spring was little more than a trickle of water but there is still plenty of water in the river once we got there. Perfect way to introduce my young boys to nature and hiking as a hobby.

Went with my two dogs on a rainy day. Nice stream to follow all the way down, beautiful views and sounds, and just far enough away from the 17 where you don't hear traffic noise. My car wouldn't be able to make it to the trailhead as I drive a Ford Fusion, but anything with a little more clearance would do fine - this added almost another mile onto my total. It seemed there were a lot of other trails that broke off from this one and am definitely going to come back to explore those once it's not storming.

Great hiking up the stream did see a rattle snake near the trail though.

This unexpected trail-Badger Springs Wash- is just a stone’s throw off I-17, on a dirt road. Short and sweet, it features a dainty, fresh spring that we followed all the way to the confluence of the Agua Fria which was running around and through huge, granite tabletop-like boulders worn smooth by the water. The spongy sand squished and crunched beneath our boots on an 85 degree day at the end of April. Just before the confluence, on the left (East), a rock wall with pictographs juts out, best viewed if you leave the spring to trot up the sandy rise. We then wandered along the river, weaving over clear water, hopping boulders and relaxing next to the many, tumbling mini-falls before we headed back up the spring. It was a perfect short hike tucked away with charming little surprises.