Badger Springs Wash Trail

Badger Springs Wash Trail is a 1.5 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Mayer, Arizona that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, camping, horses, and mountain biking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

is a beautiful hike just outside of phx that is about 70% rockhopping, the rest sand and water. The trail can be extended past the petroglyphs by bushwhacking another 3/4 of a mile. One is treated with numerous rock formations and small cascades when you do. The trail is sandy for many segments with uneven surfaces. Wet feet are common during the winter, spring, and after rain events. Beware of summer monsoons which may produce flash flooding in the area. If you are caught in a monsoon event, get to higher ground immediately.

We did not believe we would find water when we were standing at the trailhead, but we did! Easy hike in, our three year old walked it and loved playing in the pools. Saw 7 people total. It seems we were a couple of weeks late as the creek is no longer flowing. Pools are not stagnant yet.

Easy hike and different then most because of the spring. Well worth the trip and bring a picnic lunch!

Saw only two Sauarros.

Very pleasant hike in and along the stream. The petroglyphs are up high at your 7 o'clock if you are standing at the water intersection facing the fork of the water. Lots of dried slit and sand amongst large rocks -- kids dream and nervous parent nightmare.

Right now there is plenty of water to swim in! Also, when you first arrive at the pond, look up and to your left & you will see a cool hieroglyphic!

we hiked it this morning and due to recent rains there was plenty of water in the river and along the trail. Made for a pleasant hike.

Started out easy with sandy soil then gradually turned into large rocks to climb around. Was pretty dry when we went. Some pools of water but no running water. Very nice views.

Nice little hike to take my 3 year old on her first "adventure," didn't find a waterfall tho...

Monday, April 18, 2016

Saturday, March 12, 2016

Sunday, March 06, 2016

Happy (the dog) and I love, love, LOVE this trail, probably our favorite in all of Arizona. We seldom see any people, those we do run across occasionally are totally cool with Happy off leash. It's an easy sand walk on the trail, but if you do want some good up-and-down exercise, you can crawl all over the rocks in the gorgeous river canyon. Don't be surprised if you hike all morning and your tracking devices show you walked a half-mile and burned 17 calories, your standard phone GPS will likely drop out halfway up the trail. If a point is, leave your devices at home, and look up!! This is one fabulous walk, enjoy it!

Saturday, January 23, 2016

Beautiful scenery! The trail is also so remote that you can't hear the noise of the highway and isn't crowded. The hike itself is short and very easy but the view at the trail end was amazing!

Sunday, November 29, 2015

Did the hike to the trails end and then bushwhacked on down the river for another 3/4 of a mile till I hit heavy brush along the banks. A lot of the scenic area is just beginning beyond the end of the trail. It requires some bouldering but is well worth it. Their were several small cascades and nice rock formations past the end of the trail. Nice hike, just to short.

Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Nice hike. I went in October with my dog. It is a beautiful hike but there are terrible bushes that shed horrible spiney burrs that were stuck all over him. they burrow deep in the fur, hard to remove if you don't catch them right away. Very muddy water but he loved it. I will do it again but not with the dog. Not worth the burrs.

Saturday, July 11, 2015

Monday, June 29, 2015

Great hiking area, not far off I17 so easy to get to. Got to the parking lot in my car. about a mile down to where it forks off, at the fork there are petroglyphs to the left. We hiked along the river bed going to the right and came across some small water holes (I'm guessing its much better in the spring), a snake that even though I came within 2 feet of was not interested in us and a skunk (luckily he ran off). I think there might be more water if we had of gone to the left on the fork but have to explore that another day. Temps were still good when we got done around 10:30 AM, seems to be around 10 degrees cooler than Phoenix. Beautiful area!

Saturday, June 27, 2015