Aspen Trail and Marshall Gulch Loop Trail

Aspen Trail and Marshall Gulch Loop Trail is a 3.7 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Mount Lemmon, Arizona that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Directions from Tucson: Take the Catalina Highway off Tanque Verde Road. Drive 4.2 miles to the Forest boundary and continue 26 miles through Summerhaven to the Marshall Gulch Picnic Area. The trailhead is at the end of the road. You'll have to walk the last couple of hundred yards in winter when the road into the picnic area is closed.

Nice trail. Some steep parts and lots of ferns and nice views.

Love this trail . We did not finish the loop and came back down Marshalls but it was great. Going again and going to complete the loop. For a beginner and planner this spot is ideal, and there is a nice picnic area at the trail head . Very little parking so an early arrival is best. You can stop on your way out at the cookie cabin and rainbow gift shop . Both pretty expensive, we did not eat there at 8 dollars a slice of pizza and 30 for a pie I waited to eat once I got back to town . I am a bit picky about my pizza since I am from the east coast . Nice thing about This loop is it's simple to find and staying in trail was easy. I think once we get some rain it will be nicer when the creek is full, since you follow the creek bed most of the way . Happy hiking

Loved the trail! Beautiful new pine trees. It has been changed a bit because of trail repairs, so it's longer, bring a little more water.

Not exactly how the trail was but made my own by adding part of mount lemon trail and wilderness of rocks trail.. it was a long but well worth hike.. some easy areas and some hard very rocky with very dense vegetation. Espectacular views for sure. I would do this again for sure!! And the best part, not as fun but my first time hiking alone!!

Aspen leg is steep. Marshall quiet nice. Best to go early.