Aspen Trail and Marshall Gulch Loop Trail

Aspen Trail and Marshall Gulch Loop Trail is a 3.7 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Mount Lemmon, Arizona that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Directions from Tucson: Take the Catalina Highway off Tanque Verde Road. Drive 4.2 miles to the Forest boundary and continue 26 miles through Summerhaven to the Marshall Gulch Picnic Area. The trailhead is at the end of the road. You'll have to walk the last couple of hundred yards in winter when the road into the picnic area is closed.

great hike! arrive early early. builds stamina

Great first hike on Mt Lemmon. It was a nice combination of open sky and shady wooded areas. If you go on a weekend, I'd suggest getting there early as the parking lot gets quite full.

Took my dog on a walk just yesterday. Beautiful train, great place to take pups!

Interesting terrain! Felt like I was back in The woods of Minnesota for part of it.

We did this hike twice on recent trip to Tucson. Valley temps were 90's so great way to escape the heat! I would hike counter-clockwise for nice trek following a stream through the woods. About mid-point You can detour on the Wilderness of Rocks trail (as out and back) for some other views. On the backside there were a few big views. The last part of the decent is rocky and a bit steep. Probably more shade once the leaves come out in spring. This is a busy location so arrive early for parking.
Note: The actual trail does not match up to the Forest Service trail shown on Garmin hiking GPS. The trail is obvious but if you are following the Garmin it will give some doubt the first time you do this trail.

My favorite hike on Mt Lemmon! Gorgeous!!

Two separate hikes took my boyfriend and I through parts of this loop. We were met with beautiful views, incredible terrain and beautiful weather the times we have gone. I highly recommend this loop if you're looking for a decent hike with gorgeous and natural views.

Great loop trail. We hiked it on Dec 30th and there was no one else on the path. Beautiful views. Easy to find route. One of the best short day hikes we have done.