Arrowhead Point and Cholla Loop

moderateYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray Star(366)
Thunderbird Conservation Park

Arrowhead Point and Cholla Loop is a 4.6 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Glendale, Arizona that offers scenic views and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, running, and mountain biking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 4.6 miles Elevation Gain: 944 feet Route Type: Loop

Please pick up after your pets. For additional info visit: https://www.glendaleaz.com/parksandrecreation/thunderbirdpark.cfm

Great for getting some mileage with a healthy mix of climbing and descending. A nice, cool day out made for easy cruising around the hills. The view of the Phoenix temple is cool, too!

Nice trail, actually climbs both mountains west and east of 59th Avenue! I don't know if it was just the walk in and out of the parking lot but we definitely logged 5.2 miles not the 4.6 the app says.

Trail was way more rocky than I prefer. The bottoms of my feet are sore and I rolled an ankle more than once. Trails aren’t marked as well as others I have been too.

My daughter (11) and I hiked this today, took exactly 90 minutes, light hike, little rocky. 2 bottles of water.

Good trail, had to cross the road to get back to the parking lot. No shade. Highly trafficked. Beautiful 360 views

I definitely wouldn't make this a destination hike, but if you're in the area it's a great place to stretch the legs and get the heart pumping. It is heavily trafficked (even on a Monday morning) so be prepared for many groups along the way. The trail is rocky but not too troublesome.

This was my first hike after moving to Arizona. It says it’s an easy hike but I’m very out of shape so it was a little tough but so worth it. I already can’t wait to come back! The views are so beautiful and when you get to the top there are great city and landscape views. This park is free to park at and allows dogs on leashes. Overall I loved it!

Rocks. Rocks. Lots of rocks so be careful and wear proper shoes. Not as easy as the app says. Wasn’t expecting a rocky incline majority of the way. Beautiful views. Dog friendly. Def would do it again.

9-11-19. Beautiful Sunrise Hike in Honor and in Memory of The Victims and The Hero’s of 9-11. The American Flag at The Summit was in its Glory! Easy Trail well maintained, no washrooms, no fees.

Tue May 21 2019

Not a difficult trail by any means. That being said it’s not easy as rated. Trails are rated moderate separately? Where shoes with good grip, because there is plenty of loose rock. Definitely one of my favorite trails to walk if you have 2 hours.

Sun Apr 14 2019

Great trail! Moderate terrain but not too challenging. Start early before the sun is too high and it gets too hot

Sun Apr 14 2019

It's good trail. Need to carry water. There is no rest room in trail. Parking for vehicle is available.

Sun Apr 07 2019

Rocky but fairly easy to walk

Tue Feb 19 2019

Nice trail but very rocky. The app rated it as Easy but the trail markers rate it moderate. Nice warm up with a full pack for Havasupai.

Sun Feb 10 2019

Sat Feb 09 2019

This is a great trail if you know ahead of time that it’s “moderate-difficult” according to the Phoenix trail system. It’s not one for tennis shoes/running shoes - wear firm bottom shoes meant for trails. There are a lot of loose rocks, some minor rock hopping, and short bits of strenuous climbs. That being said, it’s a gorgeous hike and fun.

Mon Dec 03 2018

This trail is very nice however it is also a highly trafficked trail. We brought my dog and due to the amount of people and being considerate as I am we stopped quite a bit to let other hikers pass by (just in case they don’t like dogs). I would go back again to this hike but maybe without my dog.

Sun Dec 02 2018

Great place to hike.

Sun Dec 02 2018

Easy and best. Good for young children.