Arizona (Ringbolt) Hot Springs Trail

Arizona (Ringbolt) Hot Springs Trail is a 5.9 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Willow Beach, Arizona that features hot springs and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from October until February. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

hot springs

NOTE: Trail closed from May 15-Sept 30 due to extreme heat according to NPS.org. The trail head is an easy parking lot, well maintained. It serves at the head for both the Liberty Bell Trail and the Arizona Hot Springs (these fork at a point - there's a map in the parking lot). Washes can be frustrating to follow, however this one is easy and clearly marked by happy blue arrows. The trail head is an easy parking lot, well maintained. It serves at the head for both the Liberty Bell Trail and the Arizona Hot Springs (these fork at a point - there's a map in the parking lot). Washes can be frustrating to follow, however this one tends to stay inside a narrow canyon with vertical cliffs, therefore giving you few alternatives. Also, it is clearly marked with happy blue arrows. Once you reach the river, make a left. You'll soon find another arrow. Follow it (along with the other markers) to the springs. It'll be obvious when you come across a small luke-warm springs.

Moderately easy trail. If you take the left route it will lead you to the springs with elevation gains and drops throughout the canyon and is dog friendly. However once you reach the springs , the pools themselves are too hot in temperature for the dog and you’ll have to carry them across. There is a sandy shore type next to the lower pool where they can chill. If you take the right side route it’s a beautiful scenic route along the river that is dog friendly as well but there is no way to get the dog up to the hot spring while climbing a 20ft ladder. You would have to leave the dog tied up at the bottom.

I did the trail to the west. I didn’t actually go to the “hot springs”. The slot canyon to the west is gorgeous. It leaves you on the banks of the Colorado. Beautiful! Highly recommended!

Did the White Rock trail first. Beautiful and pretty easy to navigate. The trail leads you to the Colorado River and there’s plenty of scenic places to stop and enjoy. We came up the ladder and enjoyed the pools. On the way back- we took the Hot Spring Trail and that’s was extremely difficult to navigate. We got lost a couple times and ended up practically running back to make it before dark. There’s some steep areas in the Hot Trail. Would definitely have given the hike 5 stars if we hadn’t gotten lost a couple times on the way back. Keep the AllTrails app open for sure! Bring water shoes or flip flops and small towel to dry off.

This was an awesome hike. I enjoyed the White Rock trail much more than the Hot Springs trail. Both trails lead to the hot springs and river, but the White Rock trail was gorgeous.

My boyfriend and I went this past weekend and we loved it ! So many beautiful views and the river was even better ! the trail was easier than we thought it would be. we defenitely wanna go back soon.

Be prepared to get wet! that is the fun part at the springs and the river! Would suggest to start the loop at White rock canyon and come back using the hot spring path.Took my husband and I 3.5 hours to complete it, not taking into account the time at the river and the springs. Sort of dog friendly if you go with someone to help. Excellent hiking!

Currently on vacation here, from New Hampshire. We've got some of the best trails in the Northeast, and I've got to say, this trail had some of most breathtaking views I've ever seen. The springs were an absolute blast, just stay clear of diving under, or getting any of the water in your nose (bacteria). Also would recommend water shoes if you plan on hiking the loop or checking out the springs. The top hot springs are pretty hot, but digress the further down you go. I definitely recommend checking out the Colorado River, the sights were phenomenal. Most of the trail is dig friendly, but going through the springs is very challenging for even a small dog. Wouldn't recommend that.

If you love rock cliffs and an ever-changing rockscape, you will love this hike. I definitely recommend hiking White Rock Canyon down to the Colorado and returning back up the Arizona Hot Spring Trail. The views of the Colorado framed in the cliff walls are not to be missed and a great spot for lunch. The hot springs ranged from 100'F in the lower pools to 111'F in the upper pools - a great spot to relax and chat with fellow hikers. On the way back, be prepared for a good mile of trail climbing to give your cardio a workout, but worth every ounce of effort.

great hike and the hot spring at the end is priceless. Make sure to bring water shoes for the hot pools..really enjoyable

Two ways to get to the hot springs. The West path is longer but takes you to the ladder and up to the lower pools. East path of the loop takes you to the upper pools. The upper pools are extremely hot and the rocks don't help. I recommend bringing water shoes if you plan to walk around in the top or middle pools. Awesome hike overall!

Beautiful scenery. Hot spring was very crowded and dirtier than last time I was there a few years ago. Despite the hot spring not being an ideal experience it is a great trail to hike.

Sort of dog friendly. The major obstacle with a dog is the 15ft ladder which connects the hot springs to the beach/campground. I have carried my 40lb dog up and down the ladder a few times but require assistance from a friend to hand him to me.

If you aren’t comfortable taking your dog on the ladder, you can Hike in through the northern side (wash side) of the loop, set up camp, drop your bags, tie up the dog and climb the ladder to the springs and hike back out on the same wash side of the loop the next day.

You can Hike in the southern (mountain side) directly to the springs with the dog, take a dip and Hike back out the same way in a day, but you will not be able to camp because your only access to the beach is by going down the ladder.

One of my favorite places to hike out of Las Vegas, enjoy!

We wanted to test some new gear and bring in the New Year with a backpacking trip. Because it's a short hike, we took all our gear, as well as some luxuries. My pack was 54# and my wife's 34#. We went down the White Rock Canyon Trail. To go this way, stay to the right after the signs under the highway and follow the wash. To the left (south) of the wash, you will find the Hot Springs Trail (which quickly splits into 2 ways to go directly to the springs. On the White Rock Canyon Trail, you go from a wide open wash to being in a canyon in zero flat! The hike is beautiful, so take some time to look around. At a calm pace, we made it in 2 hours (including the scrambling between the beaches). If you pay attention, the trail between the beaches is easy to find. Be prepared to assist your kids and pets on some of the scrambles.
There's lots of campsites but it's crowded, so get in early to get a good one (we arrived at 9am and enjoyed a snack by the river while people were packing up). Let the kids play and explore, but please teach them to stay out of other people's camp, and please leave the radio at home. There are two toilets, but no potable water so have a plan for hydration (we boiled).
The springs are a short beautiful walk up from the beach. Climb up the ladder and you're there. Again, crowded but worth it. The pools are separated by sandbags and get hotter as you get closer to the source.
New Year's Day, we packed up and took the Hot Springs Trail out. After going through the springs and lacing up our boots, we made it to the trail head in 2 hours. There is a point where you come to a sign that points across the wash to a hard packed trail. The wash continues to the right, and I believe it is the more gradual climb out (we saw a lot of people coming down that way). The hard packed trail, which we took, is probably the harder way out. It is up and down, and very steep in places, but a cool hike. Eventually, you'll come to the top of a hill and see the highway. It's pretty much all downhill from there.

It is dog friendly. If you go on the more southern path, I had to give my 62lb dog a lift 3x to get him over an obstacle but it wasn’t impossible. My dog is 6 years old and healthy. The more northern route I heard is very easy and flat-until the last 10% and that’s the pic of the ladder so I don’t think my dog could do that one.

best trail with the best hot springs loved it! I took my 8 year old dog and at some locations we had to carry him up or down. we turned back instead of using the loop because I didn't want to carry him on the ladder. next time I will not take him and go the loop! fantastic trail

The description shows that dogs can complete this trail, but I saw in the pictures a ladder. Can someone confirm if the ladder is part of the trail or is there another way to complete?

Great hike with the pup, although some spots were a little tricky given her age. But made it down to the springs. The upper was pretty hot, but the lower pools were great. Only a couple people were around when we made the journey.

Definitely hike the loop clockwise. The hot springs are hot! Trail not marked well once you hike out of the springs and loop into the canyon so keep this app handy in case. Definitely recommend this hike.

A really gorgeous hike that led us to the Colorado River before making our way back. As suggested by other hikers, we started with the Hot Springs and went back up the canyon. There was some scrambling getting to the hot springs, but nothing too serious.

We brought an extra pair of socks and a small towel to dry our feet after the hot springs and was glad we did.

Of note, the trail markings are close to non-existent. We had to use the built-in map in this app a few times to make sure we were heading the right way!

Fantastic trail, submerged in a mars-like lakescape. The hot springs are wonderful, the pools have varying temperatures and are spacious; plenty of camping opportunities around. I recommend doing the trail clockwise, Arizona hot springs trail first, as it is steep, exposed and more strenuous and the white canyon trail on the way out, as it is shady and a steady mild uphill, which is especially pleasant if you carry a heavy pack. The trail overall is moderate but does come with some challenging but fun obstacles. (If you plan to soak: be careful and don't let water come into your nose, they've had fatal cases of amoeba neagleria fowleri at this location!)