Arizona (Ringbolt) Hot Springs Trail

Arizona (Ringbolt) Hot Springs Trail is a 5.9 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Willow Beach, Arizona that features hot springs and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from October until February. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

hot springs

NOTE: Trail closed from May 15-Sept 30 due to extreme heat according to NPS.org. The trail head is an easy parking lot, well maintained. It serves at the head for both the Liberty Bell Trail and the Arizona Hot Springs (these fork at a point - there's a map in the parking lot). Washes can be frustrating to follow, however this one is easy and clearly marked by happy blue arrows. The trail head is an easy parking lot, well maintained. It serves at the head for both the Liberty Bell Trail and the Arizona Hot Springs (these fork at a point - there's a map in the parking lot). Washes can be frustrating to follow, however this one tends to stay inside a narrow canyon with vertical cliffs, therefore giving you few alternatives. Also, it is clearly marked with happy blue arrows. Once you reach the river, make a left. You'll soon find another arrow. Follow it (along with the other markers) to the springs. It'll be obvious when you come across a small luke-warm springs.

Beautiful scenery. Hot spring was very crowded and dirtier than last time I was there a few years ago. Despite the hot spring not being an ideal experience it is a great trail to hike.

Sort of dog friendly. The major obstacle with a dog is the 15ft ladder which connects the hot springs to the beach/campground. I have carried my 40lb dog up and down the ladder a few times but require assistance from a friend to hand him to me.

If you aren’t comfortable taking your dog on the ladder, you can Hike in through the northern side (wash side) of the loop, set up camp, drop your bags, tie up the dog and climb the ladder to the springs and hike back out on the same wash side of the loop the next day.

You can Hike in the southern (mountain side) directly to the springs with the dog, take a dip and Hike back out the same way in a day, but you will not be able to camp because your only access to the beach is by going down the ladder.

One of my favorite places to hike out of Las Vegas, enjoy!

We wanted to test some new gear and bring in the New Year with a backpacking trip. Because it's a short hike, we took all our gear, as well as some luxuries. My pack was 54# and my wife's 34#. We went down the White Rock Canyon Trail. To go this way, stay to the right after the signs under the highway and follow the wash. To the left (south) of the wash, you will find the Hot Springs Trail (which quickly splits into 2 ways to go directly to the springs. On the White Rock Canyon Trail, you go from a wide open wash to being in a canyon in zero flat! The hike is beautiful, so take some time to look around. At a calm pace, we made it in 2 hours (including the scrambling between the beaches). If you pay attention, the trail between the beaches is easy to find. Be prepared to assist your kids and pets on some of the scrambles.
There's lots of campsites but it's crowded, so get in early to get a good one (we arrived at 9am and enjoyed a snack by the river while people were packing up). Let the kids play and explore, but please teach them to stay out of other people's camp, and please leave the radio at home. There are two toilets, but no potable water so have a plan for hydration (we boiled).
The springs are a short beautiful walk up from the beach. Climb up the ladder and you're there. Again, crowded but worth it. The pools are separated by sandbags and get hotter as you get closer to the source.
New Year's Day, we packed up and took the Hot Springs Trail out. After going through the springs and lacing up our boots, we made it to the trail head in 2 hours. There is a point where you come to a sign that points across the wash to a hard packed trail. The wash continues to the right, and I believe it is the more gradual climb out (we saw a lot of people coming down that way). The hard packed trail, which we took, is probably the harder way out. It is up and down, and very steep in places, but a cool hike. Eventually, you'll come to the top of a hill and see the highway. It's pretty much all downhill from there.

It is dog friendly. If you go on the more southern path, I had to give my 62lb dog a lift 3x to get him over an obstacle but it wasn’t impossible. My dog is 6 years old and healthy. The more northern route I heard is very easy and flat-until the last 10% and that’s the pic of the ladder so I don’t think my dog could do that one.

best trail with the best hot springs loved it! I took my 8 year old dog and at some locations we had to carry him up or down. we turned back instead of using the loop because I didn't want to carry him on the ladder. next time I will not take him and go the loop! fantastic trail

The description shows that dogs can complete this trail, but I saw in the pictures a ladder. Can someone confirm if the ladder is part of the trail or is there another way to complete?

Great hike with the pup, although some spots were a little tricky given her age. But made it down to the springs. The upper was pretty hot, but the lower pools were great. Only a couple people were around when we made the journey.

Definitely hike the loop clockwise. The hot springs are hot! Trail not marked well once you hike out of the springs and loop into the canyon so keep this app handy in case. Definitely recommend this hike.

A really gorgeous hike that led us to the Colorado River before making our way back. As suggested by other hikers, we started with the Hot Springs and went back up the canyon. There was some scrambling getting to the hot springs, but nothing too serious.

We brought an extra pair of socks and a small towel to dry our feet after the hot springs and was glad we did.

Of note, the trail markings are close to non-existent. We had to use the built-in map in this app a few times to make sure we were heading the right way!

Fantastic trail, submerged in a mars-like lakescape. The hot springs are wonderful, the pools have varying temperatures and are spacious; plenty of camping opportunities around. I recommend doing the trail clockwise, Arizona hot springs trail first, as it is steep, exposed and more strenuous and the white canyon trail on the way out, as it is shady and a steady mild uphill, which is especially pleasant if you carry a heavy pack. The trail overall is moderate but does come with some challenging but fun obstacles. (If you plan to soak: be careful and don't let water come into your nose, they've had fatal cases of amoeba neagleria fowleri at this location!)

This was a great trail. Did the loop going through the hot springs on the way down. Turned out to be 6.5 miles and a great day.

A beautiful trail with a great destination. There were four different hot springs to choose from. The first was waaay to hot but the other three were perfect. The Colorado river is just a short hike past the hot springs. The trail could use more signs. It gets a little confusing in some areas. The trail is closed from May 15th to Sep 30th. I guess due to the heat?

Beautiful Trail

Had a great time! Took a wrong turn at one point and the hike turned from 5.4 to over a 9 mile hike. Still had a blast. Can’t wait to go back and enjoy some more time in the hot springs!

Hard to find the actual hot spring, trail is not always clear to follow.

Beautiful hike out to the river. Brig plenty of water

Really nice loop. Misread the signs and did the trail hot springs side first- this made the trail easier I think. Technically this was easy but the loose gravel was annoying and tough at times. Beautiful scenery and well worth a few hours of your time.

kind of confusing due to there being so many different trails. there are tail markers, but sometimes not for awhile. it was pretty difficult due to sand like trail, I'm used to dirt trails. the hot springs were amazing and the metal ladder was fun to climb. BRING LOTS OF WATER. very tiring, but so worth it. I'd recommend to anyone.

Amazing hike! Come prepared to walk on rocky and sand like trail - takes lots of energy. Completed hike in 60 degree weather and I was sweating and exhausted towards the end - no shade throughout trail. Not sure it would be enjoyable to hike trail on a hot summer day but if you do - beautiful cold lake once you pass the hot springs! The hot springs were amazing, the lake was beautiful, and the views/scenery were breathtaking! The first Hot Spring you enter is super hot - the others are not as hot. The metal stairs after the Hot Springs - careful going down might be slippery. Enjoy!

Fun trail, an adventures trail for beginners.