Aravaipa Canyon Trail

Aravaipa Canyon Trail is a 9.6 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near San Manuel, Arizona that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

Easy hike but you will cross the little stream many times so choose your footwear accordingly.

One of my favorite hikes in Arizona! Incredible!

Amazing! Loved hearing the frogs at night. A really special place in the desert

Permit required. We only saw 4 people in the 3.5 hours we were there. The weather was perfect, the water was refreshing. Amazing Views.

Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Sunday, May 22, 2016

Sunday, May 15, 2016

Definitely spend the night and give yourself time to relax in the cool refreshing water.

Thursday, March 24, 2016

Thursday, February 18, 2016

A permit is required for access to the canyon, and you will be entering the creek multiple times, so wear appropriate shoes. It gets colder in the canyon than the forecast for local towns, so plan accordingly. The canyon gets increasingly beautiful the further you hike, so I would recommend a 3-day backpacking trip. On day 1, hike in about 7 miles and set up camp. On day 2, leave your camp up and grab some snacks and a water filter for a day hike to the end of the canyon and back (8 miles). On the day 3, break down camp and head back out.

Tuesday, February 16, 2016

I'm torn - do I be honest and leave a positive review, or do I lie and save this gem for myself? Okay, I'll stick with honesty: This spot is awesome. You'll be walking through the river several times, so bring appropriate shoes.

Monday, August 10, 2015

We only went in about 2.39 miles. We saw lots of animal tracks, blue heron and a huge white tail hawk. Super rocky, muddy water but what views! Like to explore again. Hot this time in August, so the water was cooling.

Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Saturday, May 09, 2015

Great place to see lots of wildlife up close.

Friday, January 24, 2014

One of my favorite hikes

Sunday, March 10, 2013

Beautiful area tucked away from everything! We were there on one of those lucky days when it was raining so the canyon was full and the waterfalls were all flowing. Great place fairly close to Phoenix, super backpacking and camping, we will be going back. The sign says they don't allow dogs kind of a bummer.

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Wonderful adventure! Do it! Bighorn sheep, natural pools, great canyon scenery.

Saturday, August 25, 2012

Wonderful trail trough wilderness area. Encountered large herd of bighorn sheep, watching them climb an impossible cliff with ease? Out of the way location for te real adventurer.