Antelope Canyon is a 0.6 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Page, Arizona that offers scenic views and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible year-round.

Antelope Canyon is the most-visited and most-photographed slot canyon in the American Southwest. It is located on Navajo land near Page, Arizona. The mysterious and haunting beauty of Antelope Canyon (also known as "Corkscrew Canyon"), one of the few slot canyons in the area) awaits the adventurous traveler who seeks to discover one of the most spectacular yet little known attractions of the Lake Powell area. A tour to this awe inspiring sculpture set in stone is a must for amateur and professional photographers alike. Come see nature's surprising masterpiece of color. Cost is $8/person to enter and $20/person for the mandatory tour of the lower canyons, but worth it. Go early because the crowds flood in after 10 am.

The guides kinda just rush you through. The canyon is gorgeous but I didn't get to really take it in.

We were very disappointed- we drove all the way only to discover that entry is limited only to guided tours and they were all sold out a few days ahead. I wish the trail description had mentioned this very important point.

Antelope Canyon was formed by erosion of Navajo Sandstone, primarily due to flash flooding through the northern area of Arizona. Rainwater runs into the basin above the slot canyons, picking up speed and sand as it rushes into the narrow passageways. Over time the passageways have eroded away, making the corridors deeper and smoothing hard edges to form characteristic flowing shapes in the rock. The slot canyons are a popular location for photographers and sightseers and are accessible with Navajo guides only and also are a healthy source of business for the Navajo Nation as well.

Upon entering “the slots” you know you’re in for a unique experience. Weaving along twisting tunnels, the intense beams of sunlight catch your attention first. But as your eyes adjust, a different world is apparent… shadowed areas open up to reveal swirling walls carved out by years of erosive activity. Then more tunnels and more light beams… taking you into a world where your imagination prevails. Truly a mesmerizing experience... and this surrealistic pleasure is located just below the Earth’s surface!
A must-see for all curious adventurers.

This was amazing! It is $50 per person but totally worth the views. The tour guide is extremely helpful with taking pictures as well! A must see!!

For those of you who do not know, Tours must be booked to do this! Would recommend going in the summer and when the sun is in the middle of the sky, I went in the fall and the light rays were not as great (as told by our guide). Very busy, but worth seeing.

I did lower antelope canyon, as the light rays don't come through the upper antelope canyon in the winter so I didn't think the upper would be worth the money. The lower antelope canyon is cheaper and it was great to visit. Go on first tour with Dixie Ellis or last tour with Ken's. For more info and amazing pics visit:https://etbtravelphotography.com/2018/11/15/lower-antelope-canyon-tour/

Nice guided hike looks awesome.

Totally amazing

Oh heck yes!! This was on my bucket list and worth every single penny!

Friendly guide and even took time to take our pictures in the canyon. Amazing to see how water can shape the sandstone into interesting shapes and passages. There were 15 in our group. Paid about 100 dollars for the both of us.

Extremely touristy and must pay to get in. Would have loved to see it but the line was so long to get in (on a Thursday in October) and traffic was at a standstill. I’m sure it’s beautiful but this was not what I would call a trail or hike, more like a paid line you walk thru.

It was beautiful! I loved it. It is on the Navajo land. You must go with a tour guide. In the past there have been deaths here due to flash flood. So I decided to go with a guide from Dixie tour. The guide Melaney was great and friendly. I highly recommend going there early to avoid the crowd. Book in advance and follow all the instructions. It cost me $50 but it was worth every penny. Don’t recommend it if you are claustrophobic.

I have no words. Saw this last year. Look, pictures of this make their way to commercially- old calendars and windows screensavers. This is out of this world. We went in 2016 and were told that soon, they would start limiting access. So glad we can went. The guide was awesome and showed us the best ways to get stunning effects with your iphone. Honestly I would love to go back and see it in different lights. This is the one trip you will never forget.

wunderschön zur Mittagszeit bei stattlicher Guidepreis von 50$pP

An easy in canyon walk. Very crowded but beautiful.

One of the most amazing places I have been in my life do the back land hike if your tour guide offers

We did tour with a guide because you can’t do it without a guide. I wouldn’t call this a hike. It’s pretty time consuming due to the amount of people in group tour and picture taking time. But if your in the area this is a MUST SEE! It will take about 1.5-2 hours tour time. But it’s 100% worth it!

Great for photos but you are packed in the canyon like sardines.

Guided tour through the canyon. Amazing views, worth every dollar.

spectacular
we did it with our 4 year old
she loved it
bring enough photo memory

I don't really consider this a "hike", but rather more of a walk down stairs, into a canyon that offers you some of the most memorable views in your life. In fact, the only way to enter the canyon is through a tour. If you are a nature lover of any kind, this is a must-do.
As the information above shows, you are not allowed to enter this canyon without a Navajo guide and a permit. Permits are cheap (under $10), and then the price of the tour. It's a large parking lot, so unless you're there in peak season on a weekend, you'll not have too hard a time parking.
The tours are grouped of maybe 20-25 people at a time, with a Navajo guide who offers you details about the canyon and the surrounding land along the way.
Again, you are not allowed to just part and walk down into the canyon. This is for your own safely because if you are in the canyon when it rains, you will drown. Sounds dramatic, but it's true. The guides let you know that only 1 inch of rain above-ground will flood this 80 ft deep canyon. So, heed the warning to never sneak in. Plus, it's about respect. This is tribal land that we're privileged to walk on. So, don't grumble about the fee or that you can't wander around alone. The guides will give you ample opportunities to stop and take pictures.
For those who aren't into hiking, are disabled, or don't exercise regularly, the only way down, into the canyon is by climbing down narrow, grated stair cases.
Fair warning, too, about the amount of tourists here. LIterally busloads. I've been twice, once in October, where there was minimal wait time (maybe 10 min max). The second time I went, I visited in mid-July, around 10am. The wait to get into the canyon lasted 45+ min as you stand outside in direct sunlight. There were hundreds of people standing, waiting for their tour group to enter down into the canyon. And because you're standing in direct sun, there were a few people in line when I was there who fainted. No joke. So if you're not acclimated to desert heat and don't have 2+ bottles of water, DO NOT GO IN THE SUMMER.
Otherwise, this will be one of the most beautiful things you ever see.

Alleen te bezoeken middels een tour, het is inderdaad een soort van polonaise door de Canyon maar zeker met wat geduld en manoeuvreren tussen de mensen door absoluut de moeite waard.

Don't have any words for the views, its amazing. one of the best places i have ever seen.

This canyon may be the best I have ever hiked despite the crowd. Went around 10 am but still got plenty of great shots. Would definitely go again when in the area.

Probably one of the best hike I did in Arizona. Love the sunlight shined into the canyon, the color reflection on the rocks was amazing. Go at noon if possible for the best sunlight. I did both upper and lower Antelope, and personally like the lower canyon better. The trip and longer and slightly more challenging (still pretty easy though.)

AMAZING! Ask for Marisa. Soooooo worth it. Great views, once in a lifetime tours. The guides are amazing and super friendly and helpful.

Beautiful hike a once in a lifetime experience!

Amazing experience we booked with Antelope Slot Canyon tours. Ernest was our guide and he was amazing, he know where to get the best pictures we didn’t feel rushed at all (except for the tour guide behind us, but she was from a different company) he would even take a picture if I couldn’t get the best shot, he could. Also we did the 3:00pm tour and it was almost to dark would recommend the earlier tour for best pics.

Only tours - $50 for a .6 mile tour... way overcrowded

This company "Antelope Canyon Photo Tours" is great! all because of our guide "Marshall". We had a small enough group that he was able to help us get the perfect pictures. And was very knowledgeable.