Antelope Canyon

Antelope Canyon is a 0.6 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Page, Arizona that offers scenic views and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible year-round.

Antelope Canyon is the most-visited and most-photographed slot canyon in the American Southwest. It is located on Navajo land near Page, Arizona. The mysterious and haunting beauty of Antelope Canyon (also known as "Corkscrew Canyon"), one of the few slot canyons in the area) awaits the adventurous traveler who seeks to discover one of the most spectacular yet little known attractions of the Lake Powell area. A tour to this awe inspiring sculpture set in stone is a must for amateur and professional photographers alike. Come see nature's surprising masterpiece of color. Cost is $8/person to enter and $20/person for the mandatory tour of the lower canyons, but worth it. Go early because the crowds flood in after 10 am.

Checked this off the bucket list in March 2017. This canyon is narrower at the bottom than it is at the top (as opposed to Upper Antelope). Tour guides are needed on this trail as well. It is longer, less crowded and cheaper than the Upper Antelope tour, and my personal favorite of the two. Tour guides do a pretty good job of pointing out photo ops as well. This canyon boasts "the lion", "lady in the wind", "eagle" among its many formations. Amazing, Awesome, spectacular!

Awesome guide with Dixie Ellis.

Really beautiful and absolutely amazing!! And this was super easy also well worth the pictures!! We had an awesome tour guide that helped us to see and appreciate the beauty!!

Great trail! Only giving four stars because I got spooked by the spiders in the canyon. Also, tour guide (thanks, Stephan!) as great as he was, shined his laser in my LOS (line of sight) a couple times. Other than that, it was perfect! Bring a dog!

Book a tour ahead of time. Dixie Ellis tour group gives a teacher and military discount. Be prepared to wait in line, they can only let so many people in the canyon at a time. Dixie Ellis provides you with cold water as you wait to enter the canyon. If you are taking the pictures with an I phone, turn HDR settings on and turn it to chrome effect.

Easy "hike" for a family with 9, 7, 5 and 1 year old. Our guide instructed us on different techniques for getting really cool photos. We used Ken's. We did NOT have reservations and were still able to get a tour. I don't necessarily recommend the risk, but it was fairly easy to do so. However, it is on a first come, first serve basis when they open at 8a. We took the 9:20 tour. I thought the lighting was just fine to take photos with my measly iPhone 7+ camera.

Be ready to climb down 5 flights of stairs for some amazing photos. It's a little tight in spots, but this is an awesome tour. I didn't think we would be allowed to bring our water pack, but it was no problem. It cost $25 through Ken's Tours and an additional $8 for a Navajo fee and it was well worth it. Our guide was Desi and compared to the guides behind us, he was the best there.

Ok. This is not hiking- it's a tourist attraction. So please know that. You can't have a water bladder pack due to the tight fit as you travel through. It's a guided tour- no option to walk or hike on your own. No hat or sun screen needed. It's cool in the shade and we went on a day that was over 100 out. I loved this tourist attraction and recommend it to anyone with a wonder bucket list. I think it's important to know it's not a hike. So you park and go to a ramada and pay 8$ cash per person and $40 per adult and $20 per child (credit/debit accepted) for that portion. No exceptions about taking anything besides what fits in your pockets and one bottle of water. And you really don't need anything else. I had my phone and chap stick in my pockets and we ran our water ladders back to the car in the parking lot. Then you get into a covered truck bed for a 15 minute ride to the canyon. I posted a picture of the truck so you can see what I'm talking about. There's lots and lots of dirt. Not a problem just don't wear make up and be ready to be filthy. Bring a cloth or something to put over your nose and mouth during the truck ride. I had a thick layer of dirt covering my face at the end. That's fine- just expect it. The tour guides are awesome but want you to keep moving. They will show you all the great spots to take pictures. They will take some for you. We gave him a $25 tip because we really appreciated him and had 5 people with us. The ride into the canyon was about 30 minutes total and then the walk through the canyon was about an hour. The floor of the canyon is inches of fine dust and sand stone so wear your oldest pair of shoes. Totally crowded and brushing shoulders with others the entire time. Not a problem... just don't expect to be alone in the canyon. I do give it 5 stars as a great beautiful and wonderful attraction. It's not hiking. Awesome pictures.

My husband and I checked this off our bucket list this last April. Our 3yr old had a great time too. It was really busy but our guide was amazing. You are herded through like cattle. We stayed in Page the night before. I recommend the Sleep Inn or Holiday Inn. Book before you come. They sell out fast. Book your tour online before you get there amd do the photo tour.