Antelope Canyon

Antelope Canyon is a 0.6 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Page, Arizona that offers scenic views and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible year-round.

Antelope Canyon is the most-visited and most-photographed slot canyon in the American Southwest. It is located on Navajo land near Page, Arizona. The mysterious and haunting beauty of Antelope Canyon (also known as "Corkscrew Canyon"), one of the few slot canyons in the area) awaits the adventurous traveler who seeks to discover one of the most spectacular yet little known attractions of the Lake Powell area. A tour to this awe inspiring sculpture set in stone is a must for amateur and professional photographers alike. Come see nature's surprising masterpiece of color. Cost is $8/person to enter and $20/person for the mandatory tour of the lower canyons, but worth it. Go early because the crowds flood in after 10 am.

One of the most amazing places I have been! The information about how these slot canyons form is wonderful and informative. Our kids loved it. We did a guided tour (Dixie Ellis) and really enjoyed it. At the time that we went, kids 7 and under were free, so that helped since we have a 7 year old, but even with that, it was probably $30 or so per person and worth it. The tour was 1.5 hours with lots of time to look around and take pictures. The guides help to take some pictures as well and give photography hints. We have not been to the Upper Antelope Canyon, but based on seeing the Lower one, I would recommend it for sure!

Most gorgeous canyon there is! Not to be missed if doing a trip to Arizona or southern Utah. I have been twice and was blown away both times. You do have to take the tour, but it is worth every penny. Make sure to bring your camera or phone, the photos are amazing. The lighting changes throughout the day in the canyon, so pictures always turn out differently.

Simply gorgeous!!
Did both the Upper and Lower tour and each is amazing in its own right. Can’t go alone, only accessible through a tour company (roughly $50 pp).

Upper Antelope Canyon:
This is the one with the light beams. Best time to see them is on a sunny day (May-Sept) around noon. We did the 11:30am tour in May 2018. You take a 4x4 Jeep to the entrance. Saw a few light beams (the guide throws sand in the air so it’s visible .. watch your camera lens!) but unfortunately it was a little cloudy so didn’t get as much as usual. But no matter, the Canyon itself is stunning. An amazing photo in every direction, especially up!
Cons: The place is kind of a mob scene. So many people and guides yelling for you to keep moving forward. You need to be strategic to get a good angle without hordes of tourists in your frame. Also, you enter and exit through the same area, so you walk back the way you came in. So you have people moving in every direction.
Overall, an amazing and unique experience. Our guide was also pretty chill which was nice.

Lower Canyon:
You have to take a completely different tour. No Jeep necessary to reach the entrance. You walk like .2 miles from the tour office to a set of steep stairs that take you down into the canyon (so not advisable for those you have trouble with stairs). Though this one doesn’t have the light beams, I actually enjoyed this one even better!! It was longer and a ton less people!! You still had to move through at a decent pace, but this one felt way more laid back. Lower canyon is more narrow than upper and it’s a one way, so you don’t have people all over the place. Equally as beautiful but less people.
Only con: No light beams, but thats ok. The canyon is pretty by itself.

Second time we’ve walked lower canyon. It’s absolutely stunning. It is a guided tour and if you can visit during the off-season, I highly recommend it. First time we went we had 5 people in our group, today we had the full 15 plus group after group going every 15 minutes. Very crowded in peak season. The steps aren’t for the faint of heart but if you have able legs/hands you’ll do just fine. The views from the canyon are unlike anything you’ve seen. They have made us as people friendly as they can. Definitely one not to miss!

One of the most beautiful sights in the world. You have to descend a little but via ladders, but once you're down it's easy to navigate.

I’ve been twice- if you want less crowds go during the week. If you go on the weekends there are so many people :( no matter when you go though, you won’t be disappointed. Don’t worry about having a fancy camera, your iPhone or Android will capture great pictures. Yes you have to take a guide. There are a lot of stairs but good for almost any level and age. You won’t be disappointed.

Absolutely amazing but very very touristy. If you can come during low season(Jan Feb). Despite the crowds it was all worth it

GORGEOUS canyon! We did the photography tour at the upper canyon and it was well worth the $115! We spent 2+ hours in the canyon getting epic shots of the light shafts. The guide was great at getting people out of the shots for us. You must be a serious photographer to do the photography tour (DSLR camera is required). Our tour started at 11:30am. I wouldn’t go any earlier or later than that or you’ll miss the shafts of light. I’d love to come back and check out the lower canyon sometime.

4-Stars because of the crazy amount of people. There are other slot canyons that offer amazing views like this one, they’re just not for the faint of heart, and I wouldn’t take my DSLR in them.

Although this is definitely the most touristy of all of the canyons you can walk in the area, it’s a landmark, it’s beautiful, it’s worth the trip.
I’ve done both upper and lower, and the colors are amazing in both, they are both beautiful in their own individual ways. However, because lower is less crowded, I enjoyed it a bit more.
My only warning is that on cloudy days, the colors are significantly muted in the canyon, so be aware of the weather before you book your tour.

Beautiful

We only was able to see the upper part , the lower hike was canceled because was to windy and rocks were coming down.
The experience was amazing, the whole canyon is Soooo beautiful. Be prepared to be surrounded with a lot of other hikers, it is challenging to take pictures and we got rained with sand because of the wind. Cover your camera from the sand.

It’s about 45min walk with absolutely amazing rock formations and colors to watch... one of the most enchanted places I’ve seen so far...

Unreal.

available by Navajo tour only. purely amazing and a must see!

The canyon is awesome to see and easy to get some great pictures. Not really a hike. Our guide was spouting more of his racism than educating us about the canyon. $50 through kens is a bit much but you wont forget the experience.

Be aware this is tribal, not public land, so it has become a popular and touristy spot with required tours costing $50+ each. You are not allowed to go down into the canyon without a paid guide.

Very short hike but awesome views. If your in the area you can do this and Horseshoe Bend in one day. Both are pretty amazing.

Very majestic place. Very crowded but worth the experience.

Great Canyon. We were in awww on how amazing. Water, Wind and time can create such an amazing Canyon. This should be on everyones must do. We did the Lower Antelope Canyon. This cost us 50.00 a person, took about an hour to complete.

Awesome - definitely more crowded than lower Antelope (which if you have to pick I’d do lower right now in the winter since there is not a lot of light).

Simply amazing.

So unreal! Highly Worth going, I visit the lower part of antelope canyon.

bellisimo

Awesome view and great photos.

Awesome, the pictures do not do it justice. Totally worth it to go see and I would definitely do it again. A must-see in a trip through Arizona.

Beautiful canyon with amazing colors! Highly recommend for the views. I didn’t particularly enjoy how heavily trafficked it was. I enjoy hikes where I can get out and enjoy the peace and quite. This was very touristy. Was unaware of the large fees... $67 for my husband and I. Book a time in advance or you may end up waiting at least an hour.

Ken' s Tours provided a wonderful experience in lower antelope canyon

Went here April 2014. Just amazing, never seen anything like it.

Amazing View!

The beauty of nature and its wonderful colors and shapes in a sacred place we should be grateful to see!