Anderson Mesa: Marshall Lake to Fisher Point

moderateYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray Star(19)
Coconino National Forest

Anderson Mesa: Marshall Lake to Fisher Point is a 11.8 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Flagstaff, Arizona that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 11.8 miles Elevation Gain: 1,240 feet Route Type: Out & Back

Great hike with our 8 month old puppy. We camped out at the top of the canyon. No water in the trail, so we had to carry all of our water.

This is a great mtb trail when it isn't muddy. Anderson Mesa is considered a wetland so avoid during monsoon season unless you want to get stuck in the mud.

Thu May 12 2016

Great area for camping as well as hiking/trail running. Beautiful scenery and really peaceful!

Tue Aug 18 2015

I hiked from Marshall Lake to Fisher Point View (this is about a 6.5 mile section of the AZT). I could hardly notice that I was hiking down into a canyon due to the long and winding subtle descent. But since its over 13 miles round trip I did feel pretty tired when I finished. The first 5 miles or so are unvaried scenery through ponderosa forest. There are maybe 2 or 3 steep but very brief drops. Once in the canyon (almost 5 miles in), it's a beautiful walk through open meadows and eventually past Walnut Canyon National Monument. At the monument it's another .5 mile up to Fisher Point where you get a nice view of the canyon and meadows you just walked below.

Mon Jun 24 2013

Beautiful! I would not go again in the Summer butter recommend others to go in the fall or winter. It is more than a moderate hike, expect more uphill than you think .

Tue Mar 20 2018