Agua Caliente Loop

Agua Caliente Loop is a 6 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Tanque Verde, Arizona. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking, trail running, and horses. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

As advertised. My wife and I had a great hike!

This review is for Seniors! Proceed clockwise. Get the steep part done first. When finally descending the ridge, be careful it is steep and rocky with lots of loose rock.
I would rate this a 4.5 hardness for seniors. Our group averaged 70 yo. For some it was pushing their limits.

Nice hike. I took my golden retriever with me and we started off on the Northern side of the loop towards Milagrosa. We had beautiful weather and did not find the trail to be too difficult. I'd like to come back after a couple of rains when the cattle ponds are filled and their is some water in the washes. The trail was well marked except when crossing the washes. Be careful coming down the last 1/4 mile. There was a lot of loose rocks that made things a little slippery.

Nice hike. The road is gated, so you have to park outside the gate and walk in about 0.6 mi to the trailhead.

Also - warning the downloadable GPX file only covers the first 2 miles, it does not cover the entire loop.

Fun hike! Lots of what looked to be quartz on the trail. The trail does get a little vague through washes so it might take a little time refinding the route. A great choice if you only have a few hours.