Adobe Jack, Coyote, and Crusty Loop

easyYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray Star(174)
Coconino National Forest

Adobe Jack, Coyote, and Crusty Loop is a 2.9 kilometer heavily trafficked loop trail located near Sedona, Arizona and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 2.9 km Elevation Gain: 39 m Route Type: Loop

Decent tail. We took our 11yr old JRT with us. He did fine eventhough there were spots of loose rock. Lots of shade once you dip down into the dry water bed. These trails are right off of the highway. With a construction site, residential homes overlooking the trail and the noise from the traffic on the highway, we didn't enjoy this trail as much as others we have done. Wouldn't do this hike again.

great hike for mother's day

Genial .....con mucha sombra

Nice easy trail. Lots of shades of green and quite a few wildflowers. Saw 7 people on the trail. Good weather but bring water.

Fantastic easy trail with some confusing signage at times but you’ll only have to look at AT map once or twice if at all. This is my fourth “easy” hike in Sedona and the first one where I really didn’t notice the views as much as the trees. The views go away and you hike through a forest with a red sand and rock floor. Some trees I didn’t recognize but there is a large pine forest the trail goes through and it’s a great trail to get your head out of the Red Rocks in the clouds and see what’s in front of your face - Sedona’s foliage catching the sun! A great trail to see pines needle filtering the sunlight, turning it silken, plus multi colored birch-like trees peeling orange and red. And of course, cactus. A fun trail!

Love this trail. Lots of shade. Vistas, trees, red rock creek crossings. Beautiful.

I am a seasoned hiker and would rate this more moderate in difficulty due to rocks, some inclines and uneven terrain. It is short though and offers spectacular views of the surrounding mountains and forest. We did it with our 3 kids. It is also not marked very well so pay attention.

Great trail for someone looking for a first place to hike around Sedona.

Great hike with spectacular views of beautiful Sedona. Many connectors!

Short hike close to town. Nice views but lots of road noise at the beginning. Very small parking lot.

Nice trail. Close to everything in Sedona, but feels secluded and is pretty quiet. Decent for trail running but some of the creek crossings slow you down a little.

Great morning hike. Not much elevation but nice walk amongst the trees and seeing some hills. Saw one rabbit.

beautiful quick and easy loop. shady too! bring your camera and water bottle.

Great trail with plenty of shade. Little rocky, but easy. Keep an eye on the waypoint signs to keep to the shorter loop if that’s your goal. Trail name changes a few times.

Wed May 29 2019

loved it! I didn't see any wildlife except for one bum(not really sure but I think he was)

Mon May 27 2019

Absolutely amazing hike. We couldn’t stop and kept taking extra trails to keep it going. There was so much shade and so many trees, it was a great hike outside of Phoenix.

Wed Apr 17 2019

Mon Apr 01 2019

Nice easy trail. Be aware that we encountered three separate homeless gentlemen early morning on this loop. They clearly were not hikers. We have been in Sedona a month and this is the only trail that happened to us. I would not return here for this reason.

I read that this was a great pre-breakfast hike so that’s exactly what I did. It was a great morning hike.

Sun Nov 18 2018

Nice little trail. Saw deer and a fox. You were often in site of houses and the road, but it was generally peaceful and easy to navigate.

Fri Oct 12 2018

Nice easy trail to do with kids!

Sun Sep 30 2018

good beginning for the week.

Sun Sep 09 2018

easy under 1HR hike,free parking,good views

Wed Aug 22 2018

This is a great trail, I would call it easy not moderate.