Winner Creek Trail

Winner Creek Trail is a 6.4 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Girdwood, Alaska that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from January until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

This trail is great for locals and tourists alike. It is located IN Girdwood not 'near' Girdwood and if you have a well behaved dog let him/her romp in the woods leash-free. I'm a local and Girdwood loves dogs.

Loved hiking this trail 03-18-2018. We hiked to the hand tram with our 1 year old even though it is closed during Winter season. Snow was nicely compact and there was quite a few other groups hiking in the area. We noticed ski areas as well as signs leading the way for other trails. Use caution when hiking the bridge section, careful not to step on the sides of the bridge or else you'll be up to your hips in snow! We saw lots of snowmen on the trail and could see signs of spring approaching as the squirrels were running about, making noise and chasing one another. Very peaceful.

Nice Easy Hike from Alyeska Resort to the Hand Tram that is (unfortunately) CLOSED IN WINTER.

Great trail for all skill levels. Had a lot of fun with the hand tram and the scenery is absolutely beautiful!

One of my favorites, just has too many people sometimes. It’s best to go early in the morning. Great views from the hand tram, I like to take my time on it but when people are waiting they do the work for you and usually go to fast to get any good pictures. The gorge is amazing

Beautiful, magical, green, mossy and enchanting. Fun for the entire family. The tram was a tad difficult however so much fun!

So tranquil. Beautiful

Scenic, well marked, hand tram is a unique and memorable experience.

Great trail and wonderful adventure.

So many flies!!!!

Otherwise very pleasant.
The hand tram was fun although if you ask my dog he would disagree.

I found a Pokémon GO gym on the trail and put a snorlax in it.

Beautiful. Saw a black bear in the parking lot. Hand trolly was very cool. Fam of 4 took this trail and we loved it.

We went in May and there was still snow on the ground in places. Also the tram hadn't opened yet, bummer. But the trail is beautiful and easy to find

Nice trail for a Sunday afternoon hike .

Trail running at it's best!

Incredible trail!

We hiked the trail from the Hotel Alyeska and found the beginning to be open and easy. The path was accommodating to hikers, runners, birders, families, and dogs moving in both directions. As you approach the gorge, the trail does become more challenging with steeper inclines and muddier pathways. A nice hike/ walk for all levels.

Excellent trail for families with kids of all ages. Trail was busy, we hiked it on a Friday, and there was a line for the hand tram. Expect a wait!

Nice and easy hike with lot of fun, if you like geocaching there are plenty on around the trail.

Beautiful- rasy and enjoyable for the kids as well. Foliage is like a rain forest. The gorge is impressive and the had tram was cool.

Beautiful wooded trail crossing a gorge. Trail condition good with few muddy areas.

Very beautiful trail.. don't miss going on the hand tram

Great trail. Lots of fantastic nature elements. We were disappointed that the hand tram was out of service but it was still well worth the trip!!!! It is a flatter trail with some small hills.

I most definitely can't wait to do this Trail again, didn't make it all the way do to the fact the reason I came was to do the tram. Sadly it was closed. But omg it looked like a rain Forrest the green was sooooo amazingly beautiful and the birds chirping made it seem out of a fairy tale book. It was an easy trail a bit of snow and ice and mud. There where much people on it which made me feel more safe and relaxed!! I will be going back in June and I can't wait. I walked this Trail early May this year and it still had a bit of winter touch to it. Seen 2 baby moose and a mom. I walked by very slowly while looking at their eyes follow me until I was no longer in their sight. Heard a few Owls and took lots of great pics. I started at the Alyeska Resort. Happy Hiking &More Adventures⛰⛰

Great trail even with some light rain showers. We started at the Alyeska team and it was just over 2 miles to the hand tram, so 4 miles round trip. Sadly the hand tram was closed but still worth the hike to the gorge. Pretty easy, well maintained, all around good time.

Great for light rain days; still a little icy as of 5/15 but very manageable. Tram is still closed from the winter season. Beautiful hike through the boreal rainforest, would recommend for most skill levels.

Lovely easy hike for a rainy-ish day. Boardwalks were icy but manageable.

beautiful hike

Thursday, April 20, 2017

Loved it. Too bad the hand team was closed for the season but I hiked all the way and back and it was beautiful. At this time of the year the path is still covered in snow and sometimes ice but I made it without any special gear/shoes.

Took me a while to find where it starts. Unlike like the directions link in the app says, you got to drive to the tram station, park at the hotel' visitor parking for free, walk up to the tram. Behind the station is where the trail starts, clearly marked and you even have to sign in and out, gods safety-idea.

Lots of fun!!

Wednesday, March 15, 2017

was a great easy trail even in the winter.