W Butte Trail

W Butte Trail is a 2.3 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Butte, Alaska that offers scenic views and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from May until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

What a wonderful hike for the family! Every stair was worth the view! What a Gorgeous view! I would highly recommend this.

Great evening hike! One exception is the trail is confusing when you reach the base of the hill( before getting to the top) as which path to take going it up over the boulders can be a challenge if you have bad knees or back. It’s beautiful once you get to the top. I plan on this to be my go to hike for the summer. I am 58 out of shape took me a hour to get up to the top, lots of places to stop and breath.

Beautiful views at the top. I counted 526 steps on the way up and recorded 2.31 miles roundtrip from the parking lot. It is not as strenuous as you’d think. Definitely worth it! Also, we had a big truck pulling an RV and were able to park just fine. Parking is $5.

Good hike. If you are with young children be prepared to carry them because there are a lot of stairs.

It's pretty straight uphill almost the entire way but it's not extremely strenuous. Dog friendly. great views from the top.

A classic, valley right-of-passage