Tony Knowles Coastal Trail

Tony Knowles Coastal Trail is a 19.7 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Anchorage, Alaska that offers the chance to see wildlife and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

Alaska Division of Tourism, P.O. Box 110801 , Juneau, AK, 99811-0801, Phone: 907-465-2010

Easy, nice walk after dinner! There was a lot of bike traffic, but still super nice!

Great trail for biking! I rented a 2 seater bike for me & my son from Pablo’s and experience on the trail was amazing.

I rented a bike from in town and immediately set out on the trail - it was great! Beautiful, paved route along the coast. Some of the route is along the water, most is through the trees nearby. Can become quite exhausting on the south half in the hills, prepare yourself! Routes beneath the approach end of Anchorage Int'l runways.

Busy trail. Mostly flat. Good views.

Beautiful views of the ocean, mountains, and downtown Anchorage. Enjoy airplanes at the end of the runway.

For long walks, short jogs, or biking... it's a great trail!

Beautiful trail! Rented our bikes at Pablo's, easy trail, very scenic!

Great paved trail for running, biking, skating, or just strolling along the coast. It has coastal views and nice forest views.

Nice easy and relaxing

Biked the trail to Kincaid Park and back on a rented mountain bike. Stopped for a bit in Kincaid to do some mountain biking. I highly recommend Kincaid park for any adventurist. It was my first time mountain biking and I had an amazing time. Didn't see any wildlife but amazing views throughout.

Did this on rented bikes with my son. Not a difficult trail and paved the whole way. Did not see any wildlife apart from the occasional beetle. But many of the other sights were neat for a first time visit to Alaska. The foliage is beautiful, and there are good views of the bay. Trail goes right by the airport and you can take a nice break in that area and watch sea planes come and go, as well as the big jets right over head. Nice way to spend an afternoon if you're new to Anchorage.

Saturday, May 20, 2017

This is an easy family friendly walk or bike. There are beautiful views along the walk and tons of moose (just be aware of the times of the year moose are more aggressive). We didn't do the whole thing only a section and saw 6 moose so its a pretty good bet you'll see something.

Saturday, May 13, 2017

Friday, May 12, 2017

Great casual hike with even better views.

Monday, May 08, 2017

Beautiful winding trail with challenging hills to the south. Look for the air traffic on approach to Ted Stevens!

Sunday, April 30, 2017

Wednesday, February 08, 2017

Good view of the city

Thursday, October 27, 2016

Great running trail with good views of the water and mountains.

Saturday, October 08, 2016

Great trail for cycling! You'll almost definitely encounter moose - and probably not just one but several. The trail also provides scenic views of Anchorage, the surrounding mountain ranges and Knik Arm. And if you are into plane spotting: Point Woronzof at milepost 4 is right by Anchorage Airport's runway and a good place to watch the jets land and take off.

Friday, September 30, 2016

Awesome trail! Not too strenuous with magnanimous opportunities to see moose and the beauty of anchorages coast. I'm my experience, a moose dashed out of the woods within 5 yards away after earthquake park, exciting and scary , but I lived to write this review. Wouldn't trade that memory for anything in the world!

Friday, September 16, 2016

Nice leisure bike ride. I wish the view was more incredible.

Sunday, July 31, 2016

I rented a bike from Downtown bike rentals. They were very focused on getting me the right bike. I test rode several, got the right one and had a great time..
I really got a good vibe from the team there

Monday, July 25, 2016

Tons of people on the trail, great views, easy, family friendly, nice place to go just to hang out

Saturday, June 25, 2016

Good views and easily accessible.

Sunday, June 19, 2016

Flat in most places, beautiful scenery, saw a moose on our run

Wednesday, June 15, 2016

It was a very pretty walk. Definitely the best view of the scenic mountains and water in anchorage. It is quite busy and much longer than it looks! But I enjoyed it. I would do it again!

Sunday, June 12, 2016

It was a nice trail haha

Wednesday, June 01, 2016

Went walking with some girlfriends. I want to go back when I have some time to bike ride. Beautiful trail. However, take a lot of bug spray. We applied before we hit the trail, but somehow towards the end we got attacked by mosquitos. Still, I can't wait to go back and bike the entire thing.

Monday, May 02, 2016

This is a nice urban type path good for walking, running, and biking. This is not a hiking trail. I prefer the more wilderness type trails, but this was a nice paved path and a good walk.