Russian River Falls

Russian River Falls is a 5.2 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Cooper Landing, Alaska that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from April until October.

Great hike, even though it was raining when I did it. It was near dusk so I didn't complete the whole thing, but I'd highly recommend it to families, kids, and those who want an easy hike. Wide trail, easy to follow, plenty of trees/shade. Always bring bear spray, I smelled them at one point. It's hard to mistake their smell!

Think of this trail as being senior day at the grocery store. It is a well maintained and wide trail. Hell, you could bring a wheelchair down it. It is fun to watch the fish jump though.

Awesome walk. Super easy trail yet the distance can be kinda deceiving. Don't let the length worry you, it goes by fairly quick. Don't forget a gun or bear spray though. It is pretty common to see bears on the hike. Definitely recommend if you are a fan of cool waterfalls!

Great trail even in the rain it was a beautiful hike.

I'm 56. Great family trail. I would rate it easy not moderate.

My family and I, along with some good friends, hiked this trail up to the falls where we saw salmon making the trip upstream and jumping. The trail is an easy walk and we saw some great scenes of Alaska on this hike!

I would rate this as an easy trail. Our family hikes it at least once a year. Bonus you get to see salmon going up a water fall and I have seen bears feeding on salmon at the bottom of falls several different times. Nice ski in the winter too.

If you happen to be in this area, the easy hike to Russian River Falls is well worth the effort. If you time your visit right, you will see salmon spawning and moving up the river here. There is a well-made viewing platform that allows you a front row seat. This is also where bears come to catch salmon, so be bear aware.

Thursday, July 14, 2016