South Fork Eagle River Trail

South Fork Eagle River Trail is a 10.7 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Eagle River, Alaska that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from May until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Fairly easy, fun hike. Brought plenty of water and picnic food. Enjoyed immensely

The trail all the way to the lakes and back is more like 13-14 miles but it was a beautiful view! I want to go back and camp next time!

Gorgeous!!!!! Quite the Boulder field leading to the lakes

Awesome experience

Just awesome

This was a beautiful trail! We took two dogs, a seven year old and a 7 week old in a front pack. We are traveled well through out the hike but it was longer than expected. Walking back from the lakes the kiddo decided he wanted to hitch a ride on his dad's back. A little long for little kids but very beautiful and easy to walk, just long.

Beautiful and very long. Next time I attempt I will dress better for the hike. Was around 78 and I decided to wear jeans...bad idea. At the halfway point I was dead. Three bottles of water was not enough. Lots of people and dogs on the trail and everyone was friendly.

Completed this hike with a local friend of mine. The trail was great and the scenery even better. The only negative that I saw was the trash. I'll never understand why people can't pack out what they pack in.
I'm glad we went in on a Sunday as there weren't any crowds, but on our hike out on Monday we passed a few large groups of backpackers on their way to adventure.

Great scenery and a relatively level hike. My 4 year old made it to the end but had to catch a ride on my shoulders on the way back. The boulders were fun and the lakes were beautiful! Make sure to pay attention to time!

Lovely walk/hike! moderately easy, though it is a bit lengthy. Seems pretty busy on the weekends, I'm sure the crowds calm down in weekdays/off-season. if you follow this trail and pass Eagle Lake to the left, it will lead you to Flute Glacier's terminus (this glacier is the reason why Eagle Lake is milky-azure in color). I would recommend Flute Glacier be done in an overnight.