Savage River Loop Trail

Savage River Loop Trail is a 1.9 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Healy, Alaska that features a river. The trail is good for all skill levels and primarily used for hiking.

Great for the entire family! Easy and absolutely stunning.

Very easy. Enjoyed this little day hike. So pretty too!

A cute and leisurely walk. Something to do while you're at Savage River.

Really easy hike with the family to stretch out legs. The flowers were in blooms and we even saw a grizzly in the distance!

Saturday, October 08, 2016

I enjoyed this short hike with my family. it wasn't too challenging for the little ones, and it was still fun for the wife and me.

Sunday, January 03, 2016

we went beyond the bridge and further up off the beaten path. we got to a sign saying a bear had made a kill of a young moose, no entrance beyond this point. we didnt want to attempt anything stupid so we hiked back to the loop and returned

Thursday, August 14, 2014

The trail I went on was the Savage Alpine trail not the Savage River Trail. It had 887 feet change in elevation and was along a ridge above the Savage River.

Friday, July 25, 2014

Great short hike in Denali National Park,right before the checkpoint past which private vehicles are restricted. Very easy hike, almost a walk/ stroll along a river but still on a trail. Beautiful and easy to access if you're camping out or not going all the way into the park.

Friday, May 09, 2014

Perfect for the family

Friday, May 09, 2014

Great trail, a little short but there are many opportunities to go off trail and explore the landscape, just a great spot to get a good hike in at the beginning of Denali national park.

Thursday, May 02, 2013

I had the great privilege of living in Healy last year this trail was one of my favorites. It is a very short but beautiful area full of wildlife as is the rest of Alaska. Although its a bit cooler out I would aim for late August for a trip like this, because you will have a better chance at seeing the northern lights.