Round Top and Black Tail Rocks Trail

Round Top and Black Tail Rocks Trail is a 4.5 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Eagle River, Alaska that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, birding, and horses and is accessible year-round. Horses are also able to use this trail.

Very nice evening hike. The trailhead begins at Baldy and continues along the ridge line. If you go to the top of the peak it is 6.5 miles round trip and took me about 2.5 hours total. Very pretty views and a beautiful sunset behind the Talkeetna mtns. Little Tupperware with a notebook to sign at the top. Beautiful September evening with a wind chill at the top, so if hiking in fall bring gloves. Good for trail running back to the bottom.

Sunday, October 09, 2016

Sunday, July 24, 2016

Sunday, May 01, 2016

Saturday, October 31, 2015

How long did it take you to get to the top of Round Top?

Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Wednesday, August 12, 2015

It was great! Got some awesome pictures, great views. Lots of blueberries around this time (August). I'm pretty sure the directions on here are wrong. But we found it and loved it!

Saturday, June 27, 2015

Great first impression for my families intro to hiking Alaska! We went on a very foggy day...couldn't see much at all but that kept the temperature cool. We left the trail after the Alders and went vertical...hearts were thumping and the tundra was soft to stride on as we climbed. Great experience!

Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Thursday, February 06, 2014

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

I have never made it to Roundtop, but I have made it to the top of Blacktail. Great hike! Bring lots of water

Monday, August 16, 2010

Not for a newby to hiking and bring your poles, scrambling and ruff, oh but what an awesome view at the end.