Resurrection Pass Trail

Resurrection Pass Trail is a 36.2 mile lightly trafficked point-to-point trail located near Cooper Landing, Alaska that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from June until September. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 36.2 miles Elevation Gain: 4,767 feet Route Type: Point to Point

bike touring

: Turn south onto Resurrection Creek Rd. at mile 15 of Hope Highway. The trailhead parking is 4 miles in on this road. Take note that the road is only partially maintained during the winter season making the last mile to the trailhead occasionally impassable.

Excellent trial and very well marked... I hiked it in a day a few weeks ago... take bear spray and big dope!

This was my first trail to ever backpack and it didn’t disappoint. The trail is beautifully maintained and the sights are gorgeous. We did the approximate 40 miles in 3 1/2 days. We started at the north trailhead in Hope, AK and hikes to the southern trailhead in Cooper Landing, AK. An amazing time!

This was on our bucket list of trails to do. My wife had done the section out of Cooper landind and camped in devil's pass last October and thought it was gorgeous. Unfortunately we were unimpressed with this side of the trail. Not that it wasn't a nice trail but you don't get out of timberline for 19 miles so we ended up with what I call trail trudge. The only campsite we liked was at mile 4 but it was right next to the trail. If available we would rent the cabin at mile 7 and base there for some fishing or exploring when hiking. We camped @ mile 9 which was in a meadow and had a beautiful view. There was a toilet and bear box but the bugs were atrocious. This would in our opinion is a nice trail for hiking with a group or mountain biking. All camps we passed had bear boxes and were situated by a water source. The trail was easy with no real major steep climbs We left around 10 and got to mile 9 around 3:30 with 80l packs probably 40#. we're planning a 2 niter but changed plans.

we went in May 11th came out May 14th. trail was good up until mile 18 where we hit snow. from mile 18 to 21.5 to devils pass cabin was deep rotten snow and we didn't have snow shoes. we lost the trail many times and had to crawl on hands a knees to get through some spots. we end up having to climb up in the south ridge above snow line and traverse the valley down to the cabin. after the cabin trail was wet and muddy but not bad. if you hike in May take some snow shoes. it took almost 5 hours to go 3 miles

This was an amazing 4 day backpacking trip with amazing views.

Hiked this three times from 1998-2000. great trail system if you have the time. The outhouse at the pass is awesome as are the beaver lodges.

Wed Sep 05 2018

Wet and muddy. Some wildflowers and nice views. Juneau lake and waterfalls were pretty. Lots of berries to eat. I find the hikes in Colorado to be much prettier without all the bad weather. For pics and more info visit my blog https://etbtravelphotography.com/2018/09/02/backpacking-resurrection-pass-in-chugach-national-forest/

Mon Aug 13 2018

My first hiking trip ever. We did the 7 mile hike to Caribou Creek cabin. Trail was nice, a little muddy in spots but nothing that wasn’t impassable. Cabin was amazing!!!

Tue Jul 17 2018

Did this 38 mile trail in 2 1/2 days. Well marked with plenty of water resources, campsites and bear boxes. Beautiful views and easy elevation gain/drops.

Sun Jul 15 2018

Very well maintained trail. The views are pretty nice.

Fri Jun 08 2018

I have now done this hike 4 summers in a row. I love it. It is great for kids and my 70 year old mother just finished it. The cabins along the way are great. The views are spectacular.

Sat Apr 21 2018

IWe were just talking to the falls really and back. Got on trail late in the day. First Mile or so was pleasant but a bit of Muck in places. Next came halfway decent trail but muck and snow - you know the bit of snow that’s left over real packed down right on the trail. As we get near the falls and started getting colder and more snow and I post-holed once or twice. It was a nice shakedown hike for the beginning of the season.

Fri Sep 22 2017

forest service cabins make this a great trip in not so perfect weather. great spots for tent camping. the middle part from devils creek to east creek is my favorite

Wed May 31 2017

Loved this trail so much. We were able to rent a few cabins along the way and tented it the rest of the time. I was able to do this hike on a broken leg over 4 days (it was broken before the hike) without issues. Highly suggest it. Great views.

Tue Jul 28 2015

A long, but easy multi-day trip. The trail is well maintained. I stayed with a group of 5-9 people in various cabins along the way from the Hope trailhead to Cooper's Landing. That is definitely the better direction to go, as the terrain and camping/cabin locations become more interesting. All of the Cabins were in excellent repair, but Devil's Pass cabin and Juneau Lake cabin are in stunning locations. We spread the hike over 6 days, averaging about 7-8 miles per day (It can be done at a moderate pace in 3 days).

Mon Jul 27 2015

Cabins were great, views were spectacular.

Wed May 27 2015

Did this over Memorial Day weekend with a couple of friends. We started in Hope and went to Cooper Landing. The trail is very well marked for an Alaskan trail. We camped at East Creek and Falls creek campsites. Both are nice with bear boxes and are right beside the creek for water.

Thu Mar 20 2014

Four ladies, we did this trail together in 2002, July. One of my all time favorites! INCREDIBLE views and a full range of terrain types.

Mon Jul 08 2013

Fabulous hike from Hope & Cooper Landing! 40 miles of gorgeous scenery with beautiful cabins available for rent all along the trail. Checked this one off my Alaska bucket list!! Take one vehicle & wildmans.org will shuttle it to the trailhead for you for $110.

Tue May 28 2013

This is one of my most hiked trails. It's a beautiful hike to Hope. Took my son on this hike when he was 6mo old. See a lot of bear on this trail especially when making the connection to Russian Lakes Trail.

Mon Sep 24 2018