Rendezvous Peak Trail

Rendezvous Peak Trail is a 3.2 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Anchorage, Alaska that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October.

Marked very well until you get to the road and then you make your own way up...which to me was FUN.. some snow still but not much. muddy right now 5/13/2017. Dogs are allowed here and you have to pay for parking. clean trails and the views are unless the more you walk around....

Since I have further looked at this I have decided we went down the wrong trail. But we started at the fee station and went up the rather steep incline then went left instead of right. I believe RPT was the right and we went up another very steep trail to the top of the mountain. Just be careful and aware because it was a difficult instead of easy trail to the left. Steep with rocks that were loose. It was still a great trail though definitely challenging with 2 and 4 yr old.

Great hike, nothing complicated, kind of steep if your not use to hiking. Several other options for other hikes in and around the around. Amazing views 360, all around from the summit. As always, bring bug spray.

It's one of my favorites!

Monday, May 23, 2016