Reflection Lake Trail

Reflection Lake Trail is a 1.1 mile loop trail located near Gateway, Alaska that features a lake. The trail is good for all skill levels and primarily used for hiking, walking, trail running, and nature trips. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Easy beautiful trail that is dog and kid friendly. Our 3-year old loved it. It’s amazing the temperature difference when you reach the portion of the trail that is up against the Knik River. I’d recommend starting on the right side of the trail so your back isn’t to some of the towering peaks.

I would call this trail more of a path. It's wheelchair accessible and well maintained. There are a couple little side trails that you out to the confluence (not wheelchair accessible) that's pretty nice stroll. There is a cool look out tower that gives a nice view of the flats. you have a good chance of seeing wild life like moose, birds and I saw a porcupine when I was there. great for all ages and abilities.

Beautiful location, excellent views and we'll maintained trail! Easy walk. Family friendly...ages 5 through adult give two thumbs up. We got to see Common Loons and muskrats!

great trail, beautiful to walk, I took some great pictures while I was there.

Very easy hike. Beautiful views. Did this with the kids and stopped several times during hike to either climb tower, take pics or enjoy the view.

This was an easy, short trail. Beautiful views. There was a tall platform built where you climb some stairs to get a higher view of the surroundings.

Stoner trail

It’s a beautiful lake. It’s very short and easy to hike. We went there early morning and seen lots of wildlife. ❤️

nice little loop trail. very quiet, great place for a short run. watch out for mosquitos

we went her yesterday with grandma and 1 year old did good theres a stairway that goes up to a lookout which is nice for all around view of the area.

I love this walk around the lake. The viewing tower at the far end is equally impressive. I also enjoy running my dogs around the lake. The views are amazing.

Kid friendly-my 2 & 4 yr old walked the whole way. Mosquito population was intense-bring bug spray. Dog enjoyed the walk-watch out though! Some people don’t take advantage of the complimentary doggie bags and one of my teens stepped in the poop. In fact, of the 5 hikes we’ve been on in Ak this season, this one was the worst for dog crap. It was everywhere!
Woods are beautiful and the lookout was super cool.

Easy 1 mile walk. Good views,great for pictures. There's also a viewing deck along the trail. We saw ducks and eagles today.

Very easy trail, very short, only a mile. Great for the whole family. Dogs on leaches. Trail is hard packed dirt, some mud, lake is still frozen, but views are still good. Can't wait to walk it again in the summer time. Several bridges to cross and on the back side there is a wildlife viewing platform.

Nice walk with the dog, for photo opportunities, and for those who need an easier walk.

Wonderful little hike especially for children and dogs ❤️

Not really hiking, more like a stroll. Beautiful scenery and well maintained trail.

Easy trail and family/kid friendly

This is a beautiful trail along the lake. The colors were gorgeous and the weather perfect. We plan to go again with the Kayak.

Beautiful scenery. Great for smaller kids and pets.

Beautiful views, even in the rain! This is definitely an easy trail. More of a place to take a nice walk rather than an actual hike.

Friday, July 14, 2017