O'Malley Peak Trail

O'Malley Peak Trail is a 7.6 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Anchorage, Alaska that offers scenic views and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from June until October.

A lot of scree. Wish my boots had better grip. Beautiful views of city

i made it to the saddle and back. i would rate the trail as difficult too.

I think this should be labeled as difficult. Certain points were difficult to get up. It will definitely wear you out. Amazing views and lakes along the way.

This was a great hike, a lot of great views. I was going to follow the main trail map, but when I got to the little lake before hiking up to the peak I went around to the left of the lake and hiked up a ridge. when I hiked down following the map, it's a lot of loose rocks but it's easier than climbing a bunch of jagged rocks.

Great hike. Challenging at times due to loose rock terrain toward the peak. Other than that, it's a blast to hike. Gorgeous views at the summit. Probably one of my favorite hikes in the Anchorage bowl. Took me about 4 hours from the parking lot to the summit and back to complete.

Awesome run. I will be back for sure

Very enjoyable hike hard at times yet relaxing at others.

Beautiful hike with great views of the Cook Inlet and valleys. The trail is really well kept, however once the ascending begins, there is a lot of loose gravel on the path, so we kind of went off path and depended on the plants that were along the way to get up and down the peak safely.