Near Point Trail from Prospect Heights TH via Wolverine Trail

Near Point Trail from Prospect Heights TH via Wolverine Trail is a 6.8 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Anchorage, Alaska that offers the chance to see wildlife and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from June until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Beautiful

This was a great hike! The last half mile or so is quite steep but the view at the top is top notch. Keep an eye on the trail during the hike down, definitely got lost on a moose path through a bunch of wildflowers and had to bushwhack my way back through devils club to the main trail. Took me about 3 hours there and back.

Reminds me of Flattop but with loads less people. Moderate incline. Always take a jacket b/c the top is windy. Great view of Denali on a blue bird day.

Nice hike. Once we got near the top, we mindlessly took the left path branch up to the peak. I'd not recommend that in June/July 2018 as it was super muddy (plus it's a little longer). We descended via the red line marked here and it was much better. Only real problem for us on 6/22 was that the mountain was under a cloud from about 2200ft up to the peak. Felt like that shitty Tom Jane movie 'the Mist' at the top. But somehow we lucked out with the timing and the clouds opened up just as we were about to start our descent and we were able to see deeper into Chugach to some gorgeous peaks. Made me very happy we'd lingered. That last 800ft or so up to the peak is no joke.

Great hike. No snow but some mud and wet spots!

Ussally do this a couple times a year. Super windy up top but not to icy. Kathoolas still recommend.

Busy winter trail with many fat tire bikers. First few miles are easy, but the last mile to Near Point Peak is hard. Overall great hike, great views, and great workout.

Can bike to the end of the Wolverine trail cut off from Prospect parking lot.

Thursday, May 11, 2017

5.20.17 Kyle. 2hrs.

Saturday, May 06, 2017

Great views all around from the top! Not a lot of traffic which was perfect for me and my pup.

Monday, July 17, 2017