Wolverine Peak Trail

Wolverine Peak Trail is a 8.6 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Anchorage, Alaska and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking and downhill skiing and is best used from June until August. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

skiing

Great views from the top!! Bottom of the trail is very wet and slushy with all the snow melt, wear some good waterproof shoes. 6 hrs round trip.

W/ Alex 4.29.17. 7hrs.

Great views on the way up and down. Not too difficult.

Didn't make it all the way to the top but the first 3 miles were beautiful with the snow!

What a hike. Easy path to follow, rewarding with its views, and wildlife to entertain you on your hike up. Didn't see a bear but plenty of moose. There's a period where you undergo a long, steep incline-- so the difficulty is measured as it should be--- difficult. The snow caps enhanced the landscapes beauty - as well as its chilliness but all so gratifying. Enjoy your hike as I have!

Starts out easy, then about halfway in it just goes up, and keeps going up. Little break when you get to the first ridge line, but then it's a steep climb again to the summit. Great views all around at the top. Coming down the loose gravel can make the trail slick near the summit, but nothing major.

One of my favorite hikes when I want to do a Chugach mountain without the bustle of Flat Top. Some in the trees, some in the open, and you'll get a great view of the mountains.

Good hike, lots of loose rock toward the top. beautiful view of Williwaw and Long lake

This is one of my favorite hikes in the Anchorage bowl. It's a great trek up to the peak and a phenomenal view as well. The terrain varies, it goes between dirt and loose rock, but nothing too difficult. It took me about 4 hours to complete the hike from parking lot to peak and back, that being said, we ran a lot of the trail the way back down. Also, there are quite a few mountain goats in the area and a plane crash site off to the side of the trail near the peak. It's consistently windy near the top, so bring a jacket! Overall, it's a great hike.

It took us about 6 hours to hike the to the peak and back. It is hard going up but at midway there is a flat landing that has a great view. If you struggled getting this far don't give up, you can make it, and it is definitely worth going the rest of the way. At this point you can see the finish line which provides the extra motivation needed to reach it. Pace yourself and take breaks as needed, but it is a great way to spend the day and create some lifelong memories. I believe the best way to invest your time is in experiences and this full trip is worth every moment.

It took us 6 hours to hike it..9.5 miles total to the peak..It was a fun hike but hard going up...definately worth it!

Y'all weren't kidding when you said a hard trail! But my wife and I completed it today. It took us about 6 hours start to finish- about 4 on the way up. We are pretty inexperienced so just making it all the way up there was a huge accomplishment. Wish we would have gone on a day with a little more visibility- we were literally inside of a cloud at the peak! So the view was lacking.

A great workout with rewarding views. The Dall Sheep posed for pictures on our way up but be ready for mosquitoes at the peak, you're going to want time to enjoy the view.