Wolverine Peak Trail

Wolverine Peak Trail is a 8.6 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Anchorage, Alaska and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking, trail running, and downhill skiing and is best used from June until August. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

skiing

While hiking we quickly noticed 5 sheep near the peak. We moved carefully up, as I had my dog with me and didn't want to spook them. We got about 10 or so yards away from them before they started moving, and it was almost like they were taking us to the best spots for views.
We ended up finding a lost dog (not the one that was posted at the beginning) and turned back to meet the owner before we reached the true Peak. But what a hike! Great day for it to. Would definitely go back!

Awesome day hike......it took me and my buddy about 5 hrs to do the 9 mile (with rest stops for lunch). As we were about 200 meters from the summit we saw below us (very close on a ledge) 4 beautiful Dahl Sheep.

I recommend water (about 48 ounces to 60 ounces pending weather), bear spray and pistol (just in case) we saw bear scat (poop) and some sturdy boots or thick soled trail shoes. However, it is my toughest but the most rewarding hike I have done so far while living in Alaska.

Great hike that offers a rewarding view at the peak.

super fun trail run/hike despite being a bit muddy. Only issue was the Moose that wouldn't leave the trail but I did get a good pic

Beautiful hike! There were points I didn't think I was gonna make it. 8.6 miles round trip and one hell of a climb to the top. When the fog rolled in, it was a bit deceiving because we could not see the top of the mountain to gauge our distance left. Once you hit the top of the first mountain there is a pile of rocks. Take a minute, snack, drink water, and prepare for some body challenging trail climbing. You will need to channel your inner strength to push through. Once at the top, it's amazing and worth the push. On the way down be careful of loose rocks that at points are slippery. Take your time and rest. Bring plenty of water and snacks.

awesome views throughout...lots and lots of prairie dogs/ground squirrels and a momma moose with calf. Great surprise view at the summit too!

Second tallest mountain in Anchorage. A bit intense but well worth it. The view from the top is breathtaking .

Beautiful trail, amazing views! We saw several moose. We did it on a beautiful summer day, zero clouds in the sky. Met some people on the first half, not a soul on the 2nd one, which is actually the most rewarding. A couple of streams where you can refill your water in the first mile or 2, nothing after. It's a winner!

Absolutely beautiful views at the top. Definitely worth the challenge.