Tucker Peak is a 4.3 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Eagle River, Alaska that offers the chance to see wildlife and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and nature trips and is best used from April until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 4.3 miles Elevation Gain: 2,378 feet Route Type: Out & Back

We were suppose to head up mount magnificent however it started snowing so we stopped at tucker peak.

5/18/20 - In my opinion this trail was pretty hard. The trail is straight up almost the whole time with little to no flat areas. There were some areas that were pretty muddy and some snow but not on the actual trail. Otherwise the view is absolutely gorgeous.

Great hike. There were a few patches of snow and mud, but I was able to easily navigate around them. Weather was perfect and views were amazing!

This is a great hike! Trail is in great condition all the way to the top. There are three significant false peaks and the ridge has some big dips. You will have two notable inclines when descending. When you’re standing on that second false peak (you’ll understand what I mean when you get there) KEEP GOING! It’s worth it!!! I would also recommend to plan for Mt. Magnificent. If you make it to Tucker, it’s only a half mile (if that) to the top of Mag. I wish I would have realized that while I was up there. Totally would have kept going. I will definitely hike this trail again!

Great trail - muddy at times and a bit of a scramble at times. Well populated on a pretty day.

Gorgeous! Trail was a little muddy but I was in tennis shoes & feet stayed dry. It was a beautiful sunny day, felt warm except for wind once on the ridge. Took just over two hours.

May 2– a bit muddy the entire trek. Recommend a windbreaker for the Ridge. Beautiful views!

Wore tennies and fell a couple times but otherwise lovely hike. Def will come do it again:)

icy

4.11.20 First bit of the trail was pretty slushy up to the saddle where the trail splits. Soft thin top later with a pretty icy base for a lot of the rest. Recommend wearing a set of cleats, they help a lot on the steeper sections. Beautiful views at the top. Made it up just before the clouds rolled in

icy

Great hike, there is only a solid packed trail for the first 1.5 miles up due to the snow- made it to the first little peak but still amazing views. Only wore yak traks and managed pretty well. Poles would be a great advantage

icy

Pleasant hike. Great views.

icy

Moderately short hike but steep - a real lung-buster at times. Trail conditions weren’t that great. Lots of mud/slippery slopes for the first 3/4 miles. The rest was packed snow from previous hikers. Definitely bring crampons for the steep areas. They saved my butt a few times! Spectacular views at the summit, I was able to see Denali, Foraker and Hunter from the too.

Pretty steep. Definitely closer to ‘difficult’ rating. I’m sure the views would be great if it hadn’t been so foggy. Will have to try again on a clear day. I recommend trekking poles, especially if it’s raining, or has rained a day or two prior to your hike.

We didn’t care too much for this one. Views are good but can get good views on other trails that in my opinion are better. Good workout, steep and washed out, and some scrambling towards the end . Didn’t get to the top . Mchugh , Rendezvous, Mt Gordon and Mt baldy we liked better